What came with your Chanel purchase?

flowerpuff

May 14, 2009
Wanna check with you girls, what came with ur purchases? Of course the nice box, the dustbag, receipt? Anyone got anything nice with the bag from your wonderful SAs? my SA forgot my dustbag, just wondering if she left out anything else as well!

TIA!

Outside the US if purchasing from a Chanel Boutique, most ladies receive their bag/bags wrapped with a white camellia and Chanel ribbon, box, dustbag, authenticity card, Chanel booklet, etc..

Here in the US, if purchasing from the boutique you usually get the box wrapped in Chanel ribbon - no camellia (plus the receipt in a camelia paper holder, dustbag, authenticity card, Chanel booklet, etc.)

Department stores send the receipt (no camellia holder), box, dustbag, authenticity card, Chanel booklet, etc.

My SAs (dept store and boutique) also tend to include perfume and makeup samples, Chanel notecards with envelopes, extra black boxes and small white Chanel bags (for gifting, etc.).

I am not surprised, especially with the department stores, some SA will grab whatever box or dust cover they can get their hands on...
I received a bag once from NM that didn't have dust bag, so instead of sending it without a dust bag- she put it in a Neiman Marcus dust bag (I guess it is better than nuttin')

Outside the US if purchasing from a Chanel Boutique, most ladies receive their bag/bags wrapped with a white camellia and Chanel ribbon, box, dustbag, authenticity card, Chanel booklet, etc..

^ No, I get all that in the US boutiques too. Plus, my SA puts in leather cleaner & conditioner to keep my bags new. At the dept stores, all that in addition to an extra dustbag because she knows I tend to misplace mine all the time. I think it all depends on your SA & your relationship with her.

^^Good for you, queenofchic since a lot of us have mentioned that here in the US (at least at the Beverly Hills boutique), camellias are just not usually a part of the wrapping, etc. I have great relationships with both my dept store and boutique SAs as well.

Last edited:
I purchased my latest chanel bag in the store in Rome, and the sales women couldn´t have been nicer, she asked if I wanted the bag in a box then she went up and came back like 7 minutes later with the box wrapped in chanel ribbon and a camillia.

In the box was the bag in a dustbag also containing authenticity card, Chanel booklet and I got the receipt in a camelia paper holder as well. The chanel prices are much higher in the states right? Correct me if I´m wrong so I think you would expect the packages to be just as good.

I got a partially torn flimsy box for my cerf from the Chanel boutique in Hawaii but it was wrapped in chanel ribbon and the receipt was in a camellia paper holder. Neimans is no frills..just gives you the box it comes in, a receipt and a neiman's shopping bag to carry it out.

I would think the box, ribbon, dust bag, authenticity card, care booklet and a camellia card holder with the receipt and tag are the norm in Chanel boutiques everywhere.

But my SA have stuck a camellia flower on my box before and given me Chanel blank greeting cards.

In the UK, buying from a boutique isn't much different from Selfridges.

In both you still get care booklet, authenticity card, Chanel box, dustbag and ribbon.
The difference is you get a proper Chanel shopping bag camellia white flower and camellia receipt holder with a boutique.