What BV is tempting you right now?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Wait what?! The medium Veneta, or the Veneta in general?!?! I much prefer the old style Veneta, so I don’t feel like I’m missing out, but still... that’s crazy!!!

2. I’ve talked with my sa quite a bit about the changes and the now blackout period on social media etc. She said eventually most everything Tomas will be eventually phased out. I’m sure things can change over time so this may be what they’re told now but in a year, who knows. She said there will be less intercciato and no more lambskin and that they have a process whereby the leather is as soft as lambskin and that Daniel doesn’t like the suede lining so that will be changed to a leather lining or no lining. I saw a bag, don’t remember the style, and it had a leather lining. She said not so many style variations on wallets, less of an emphasis on slgs and shoes and bags even, but I think as people noted in early interviews etc, more emphasis on clothing.
    It doesn’t bode well for me because I love the slgs, bags, and shoes.... I figure there will be less and less that appeals to me as time goes on but we’ll see.

Bagcoolie, whateve and diane278 like this.
  3. Meh.

4. I’m so glad I shop the preloved market...

5. I can’t say I’m surprised but it makes me sad. | know intercciato must be expensive to manufacture but when I think of BV, it’s what I see.

Bagcoolie, ksuromax, starkfan and 3 others like this.
  6. It’s what I see, too. I remember walking by the boutique before I shopped there and really liking what I saw in the window, intrecciato venetas. I figure I’m going to be priced out eventually.

7. I was basically told the same thing.
    I actually think the new bags I've seen are fun and fresh. I don't know if they are bags I would buy because they seem very heavy and big but I am excited. There is a cabat like weave bucket style bag that I am very excited to see IRL.

8. A lot of the Venetas have gone from the website as has the rete tote :sad:

9. This is sad. Very sad.

Bagcoolie, anniebhu and starkfan like this.
  10. Exactly.

11. I’m not surprised. The first BV I bought, the rete, is no longer on the BV website

12. :sad::sad: Thank you for the info. All of this doesn't sound great... :sad: Really so sad, the intrecciato (and the Veneta in particular) is what brought me to BV, and sets it apart from the rest of the brands out there. Leather linings also aren't my thing (or at least, I've not been sold on them yet), because it seems like it'd be difficult to keep it protected against indents and scratches etc? At least suede can be brushed out!

I completely agree with the last part of your post too -- luxury clothing (and even shoes) just aren't my thing given the type of wear that clothes and shoes get, vs bags and SLGs... I'll still keep an eye on BV, but now I'm really glad I splurged out with a boutique purchase for my second BV bag last year (a Veneta), because it doesn't sound like the brand will be the same moving forward... :hrmm:

frenziedhandbag and diane278 like this.
  13. Well, this news confirms that I should ‘stock’ up on a few favorites as I can’t count on them being around.

14. I was going to buy 2 rings on the website. I couldn’t remember my password (!) so waited until the next day. All the jewelry has disappeared! I don’t know if it’s permanent.

Truthfully, I’ve bought a lot lately being worried about the change so I can live without the rings but it will be sad if the jewelry is gone.

15. #2115 Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Well, here’s the proof that I’m weak-willed when it comes to resistance:
    27541711-5ACE-4B89-BA8F-B17F102A1455.jpeg
    Buckeyemommy, I was too lazy to get the cement colored espadrilles out for the photo. But once it warms up, I wear espadrilles every day, so you’ll get tired of seeing them! :graucho::giggle:Actually, I’ll try to take some better pictures once I thaw out from our 36 degree mornings.
    B265E94A-857A-4908-8837-3DA88F75E1B2.jpeg
    (The color in the first photo is the most accurate to the color irl.)