What BV is tempting you right now?

After considering various bags, I am back to the small Olimpia and willing to take a chance with the flap cover. Aside from my intended purpose in using it as an occasion bag, I will like it to also work with my casual outfits as a crossbody. It then boils down to color; Glicine or Nero. I think Nero has more mileage in the long run as it is just so classic but Glicine seems to be a very neutral and versatile color too. Welcoming all opinions and enabling. [emoji5]...

Here are some random thoughts:

You had the espresso disco and let that go. Was it the style or color? Because if it was the color, I'm not sure what Nero buys you. It's still dark. Granted black can look really crisp with white.

Glicine looks lovely with white and grey and denim but I'm not sure how good it'll look with yellows, pinks, oranges, teals and other summery colors. I'm trying to remember some of your summer clothes from photos and I just want to make sure you have enough to go with it.

Of the two, I'd pick Glicine.

But... I just went to the BV Singapore site (selected Asia as my country and Singapore for delivery). Think about Pacific. I bought Diane's Pacific pillow and at first had my doubts. But I wore it a ton this summer and have reached for it several times this fall. I've worn it with green, brown, and blue dresses, khaki shorts and tees, denim, and black. It's just the right shade to work with warm and cool toned colors. I am surprised as you are but it's a terrific color for a smaller bag. It's really neutral even though it's blue.

It's really neutral even though it's blue.

Thank you G, your opinion is always very well thought out and I truly appreciate your time for helping me think through my purchase and also remembering my wardrobe. Your memory is impressive!

I let go of the Espresso disco when I decided to purchase the double compartment Pillow in China Red. I adore both the color and style but figured if the Pillow can house my sunglasses and umbrella (both together), then it serves my lifestyle better. Given the disco's small size, I do pair Espresso with everything. The small Olimpia is a tad bigger thus my concern about whether Nero looks stark with lighter colors. I do like it with white, like what you mentioned. It looks very chic.

Glicine does go with my wardrobe of dark blues, greys, whites, blacks, pinks. For my greens, I was thinking to pair them with China Red pillow instead. I admit Glicine has my heart more but I am just being very cautious after purchasing Mallow before and the color did not work for me.

I am really surprised about Pacific. I did not consider this color at all as I do own far too many blue tops and thus thought blue on blue might seem too much blue going on. Now that you shared what you wear it with, I will definitely check it out. Thank you!

After considering various bags, I am back to the small Olimpia and willing to take a chance with the flap cover. Aside from my intended purpose in using it as an occasion bag, I will like it to also work with my casual outfits as a crossbody. It then boils down to color; Glicine or Nero. I think Nero has more mileage in the long run as it is just so classic but Glicine seems to be a very neutral and versatile color too. Welcoming all opinions and enabling. [emoji5]

View attachment 3866784
View attachment 3866786
Glicine is such a pretty neutral, I prefer it over black. But I am also the person who had to borrow a black bag from a friend for a funeral as I didn't have one, so maybe I am not the ideal one to give an advice...

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
An alternative opinion always helps. Thank you! I usually wear silver jewelry but the aged gold hardware of the Glicine is growing on me. The SA tried it against her uniform to show how neutral it is.
Aged gold hardware is also available on moss green :biggrin: though I am not sure if it is easy to match (Phiomega will know best). I find black Olympia a bit too stark with summer/casual clothing and will also have the same concern about glicine as a light color. Have you considered steel? I must confess that I am biased towards moss green and steel :P

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I find black Olympia a bit too stark with summer/casual clothing and will also have the same concern about glicine as a light color. Have you considered steel?

I agree about Nero and did find it looking more formal for casual/lighter colored outfits. I did consider Moss as well since I like green but did not manage to try it on as it was already sold out. [emoji17] I did try on Steel in the double compartment pillow but not the Olimpia in Steel. Looks like another boutique visit is necessary. [emoji5]

Thank you for providing more color options. [emoji106]

Last edited:
Reactions: pbkey
Saw this in the BV boutique at the Singapore airport... so beautiful! [emoji7] I think it is the new light gray? It is like mushroom color. I like the cervo leather in a bit more structured shape, also a magnetic closure. There is a snap button on the side that makes the bag wider - it fits my iPad!
IMG_1510150387.449564.jpg
Unfortunately I am on a ban (and proud to hold myself to the ban)... if this style still around until Christmas, this could be my next BV... I really love the satchel style, the woven handle, and the soft but structured shape!

Saw this in the BV boutique at the Singapore airport... so beautiful! [emoji7] I think it is the new light gray? It is like mushroom color. I like the cervo leather in a bit more structured shape, also a magnetic closure. There is a snap button on the side that makes the bag wider - it fits my iPad!
View attachment 3874004
Unfortunately I am on a ban (and proud to hold myself to the ban)... if this style still around until Christmas, this could be my next BV... I really love the satchel style, the woven handle, and the soft but structured shape!
Oh my - so beautiful :heart: I am so tempted but am on ban island T_T would u be able to share on how much is it?

Reactions: diane278
View attachment 3874004

I've never seen that particular bag before. It's beautiful. I have found a real love for cervo. Thank you so much for sharing.

Reactions: Phiomega
View attachment 3874004
Love that colour.

View attachment 3874004
Style really looks like a Loop. Just a bit structured and with a long strap.