What bugs you more? The prices or....

I want bags. I buy the bags I liek. Then I get them & sell them because I will never use them.

Thing is, can I sell an $800 Coach Bag and recoup what I spent.

Then they end up going to the outlets before I get a chance to list them...

I think both are a pain. Just makes me want to wait for each bag to go to the outlet so I am not wasting my $$$.

(I find it hard to part with the bags I like)...

LOL, me too! I never go in the store with the intent of buying to sell. However, I do have the attitude (since I hate returning things) that if the bag is not for me, I will just sell it. As I am sure you can tell, this has not been working for me lately. :sad: Which I admit, is my fault. I am too impulsive when it comes to handbags and accessories.

Neither one bothers me so much. If I buy a bag at full price and then see it at the outlet two months later, I feel like, "Dang...it's 50% off now." I suppose the "risk" I'm taking is knowing how soon or whether or not the bag will hit the outlet in the next couple of months. If I really want it, then I'll pay full price for it, i.e., I can't wait. It's a good thing for me that lately, I've been finding the bags I've wanted at the outlet (though after my spree, I'm on a bag ban!). I usually buy signature pieces at the boutique and leather pieces at the outlet primarily because I rarely see signature pieces at the outlet here.

I agree with other posters--I think the price increases, bad/good CS, quality of pieces, etc. is found among all brands. It's all relative, IMO.

I personally only shop at the outlets. I have the Park City one near me and I frequent the Vegas ones whenever I'm down there. After outlet shopping I just can't bring myself to pay full price knowing I can get the same quality bag for cheaper. I'm the type of person who doesn't fall in love with a bag right away. I don't go into the outlet expecting to find anything I want, but I always end up with something. I have to be a wise shopper since I'm still in college and have a house payment to make :P

Neither one bothers me so much. If I buy a bag at full price and then see it at the outlet two months later, I feel like, "Dang...it's 50% off now." I suppose the "risk" I'm taking is knowing how soon or whether or not the bag will hit the outlet in the next couple of months. If I really want it, then I'll pay full price for it, i.e., I can't wait.

My sentiments exactly! :tup: If I see something I like, I will usually take the risk and get it rather than wondering if/when it's going to hit the outlets.

On a side note, I do live about an hour away from an outlet, yet I've only been in it once. It was SO overcrowded and full of extremely unappealing merchandise...sorry, I guess I was shocked on what to expect. I won't be frequenting the outlet that often...not a good initial experience. :sweatdrop:

The other thing is that it appears the bags sent to outlet are not well distributed. Robin might find a bunch of stuff on the west coast that never made the outlets here & visa versa.

I did not hear of the large turquoise ergo hitting the shelves here on the east coast. So I have to buy one off ebay...

Now the Carly Resort Bag with the Lozenges - I got them here and sold them to west coast shoppers...

I've been shopping Coach religiously for a good long while (now I feel old.) And I the recent, last two years, price increases have shocked me. I have moved into other designers because of the price point. And I don't feel comfortable introducing some of my friends who are now just getting into purses to Coach because of the sticker shock, $400 - $800. That's hard for entry level leather purses that you see everywhere.

I do love Coach, but I am buying fewer of them. I have to really fall in love with it though and tend to go for the more exclusive pieces.

I do all my shopping at the outlets. It is an hour and a half drive away, but full price stores are at least that far away with more traffic too. I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about how quick stuff is getting to the outlet. Sometimes I wish it did take longer (like a full season) just because it is so fun to spot that great bag you though you missed out on at an outlet price.

I only shop at the outlets now as well. It doesn't seem to me anymore that I'm taking my chances at the outlet - it all goes through there eventually it seems. Heck, I saw a black leather Carly there today, large turq ergo, vintage ergo tote, all the exclusive stuff and popular items were there.

IMO This could be said about any company, I've heard the argument of "I could buy LV/Gucci with that price" and if you're saying that, why are you shopping at Coach to begin with, why not just save up the money you would spend on two bags for one of theirs?

Also honestly I have to say, be thankful Coach doesn't do quarterly price increases like a few companies. They just did the first accessory price increase, in what? forever? Sure new things have come out with higher prices, but Coach isn't doing a 10% price increase on all things a few times a year.

I'm also not saying this as an SA, but as a shopper as well. I understand where you're coming from because i've purchased high dollar bags that have later in the season been marked down to 30-60% off and the only thing you can do is get over it. If you're not living in the moment or if you're not buying bags because you love them, you should rethink your things! I buy what I love, regardless of who makes it and you can't worry about things going on sale because you would drive yourself crazy and wait until November to buy your fall bag/clothes in hopes they go on sale.

I do love Coach, but I am buying fewer of them. I have to really fall in love with it though and tend to go for the more exclusive pieces.

this has always been my M.O. I don't buy trend purses, generally speaking. I buy a bag because it moves me...and moves me to part with the money. I can't stand to buy what I see everyone else is carrying.

I bought an Andrea because I loved the color, the style, the classic funkyness of it. But I didn't buy the carly, though I like it, because it didn't move me like Andrea and I see Carly on EVERYONE.

I bought Vintage Ergo because I'm genuinely loving the leather and the simple, classic styling...not because everyone's gotta have ergo.

It bothers me alittle because I love a good deal. But there is no guarantee that the bag you want will make it to a Coach outlet. You're gambling hoping to get the bag you want. If I really love a bag and want it and dream about it - I'll buy it (if it's in my budget). I usually don't want to take the chance and miss out on something i really love.

IMO This could be said about any company, I've heard the argument of "I could buy LV/Gucci with that price" and if you're saying that, why are you shopping at Coach to begin with, why not just save up the money you would spend on two bags for one of theirs?

Also honestly I have to say, be thankful Coach doesn't do quarterly price increases like a few companies. They just did the first accessory price increase, in what? forever? Sure new things have come out with higher prices, but Coach isn't doing a 10% price increase on all things a few times a year.

I'm also not saying this as an SA, but as a shopper as well. I understand where you're coming from because i've purchased high dollar bags that have later in the season been marked down to 30-60% off and the only thing you can do is get over it. If you're not living in the moment or if you're not buying bags because you love them, you should rethink your things! I buy what I love, regardless of who makes it and you can't worry about things going on sale because you would drive yourself crazy and wait until November to buy your fall bag/clothes in hopes they go on sale.

Well said Sprinkles :tup: and ITA!

I just buy what I like and since I don't like near an outlet I don't worry about it. Although I do agree with the poster that stated if Coach has moved a product line to the outlets, they should remove it from their website.

I only live near an outlet. There are no retail stores in my state. So I have no choice but to go to an outlet. I love it though, because there isn't really one bag that I am obsessed with. I like going to the outlets, not knowing exactly what bag I want, and coming out with something I love at a great price! :okay:

Though a couple weeks ago, I knew about the new transfers coming in, so I made sure to get the scribble tote and all the matching accessories I wanted. That rarely happens though. The outlets are not a sure bet. Like I went the Sunday before July 4th and came out with absolutely nothing!!! That was the first time that happened to me at an outlet. But everything was picked through and the new stuff was all gone. The SAs said that as soon as they put it out, it was sold.

So it's not like they have mass quantities of the new transfers that are in demand. They have a few and it really is a matter of luck and timing at the outlets! :yes:

I love finding a great deal and I :heart: the Coach outlets for that reason!