What brought you to YSL? Inspiration bags

porsche mama

addicted
Jan 16, 2009
In another thread Jellybebe mentioned how her white ivory muse brought her to YSL and I think it did the same for me. I had already bought a turquoise tribute but I had it in the back of my mind...one day... I had to have a white muse. Previously, I had been more diversified in my purse designers and if anything was more of a prada girl. Now I'm pretty hooked on YSL, maybe it's a phase but I love them all! I'd like to know which YSL made you convert?

Hmmmmm.....I have had an affinity for the house for a very long time. My first pieces were vintage (no bags yet) when I was a teenager, and my first bag and shoes were in the Tom Ford era.

oooh lucky! I love the look and feel of anything vintage (I think I should have lived in the 40s or 70s). what i really want right now is the vintage nadja rose bag, i would kill for that bag even if it had been worn to death. Is your ysl family posted? I'll have to check them out!

I first dipped my toes into YSL around 2005, when I bought this chocolate suede and mink Mombasa (no longer have it)... Then I fell hard after I purchased my chocolate buffalo Muse in 2006.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Muse 2 got me. When I first saw Miroslava holding one in a picture here at tPF I KNEW I had to have it. I loved its classic shape yet funky colors and the white canvas lining made the bag look so edgy with the contrasting. I bought this bag in Medium and felt totally complete! Then my 2nd was the Nadja Rose and I've used it ever since I got it in early February. :heart:

porsche mama: Keep your eyes peeled for the Nadja on eBay! That's where I found mine and she's in excellent condition! This bag is more than just beautiful, it's really easy to carry and is so versatile! There's still hope! :yes:

My first designer bag (a big first, as I'm sure you can relate :P) was an olive suede Nadja bag. I was so in love with my first big purchase...Nine bags later I'm still in love!

Last edited:
My black deerskin downtown. I found it after an exhaustive search for the 'perfect black bag.'

When I realized that version of the downtown was the one, I bought it full retail at saks. Worth every penny.

it was all because of miroslava! I saw a picture of her with the muse II tricolor bag.. and was fallen in love with the bag. Unfortunately I have not the tricolor one, but the praline croc-embossed. But I love it tooo!!

it's the easy bag, I'm still waiting to get it once LVR hopefully has the color I want in stock.

I came from LV and now I'm just not really feeling the vibe that LV bag projects and the usual people that buys LV, I mean I still love some LV items but now I would like more understated but still lux bags. So my eyes are wandering to YSL, Miu Miu, Prada and Chanel :heart:

It was my daughter's Teen Vogue with a photo of Keira Knightley in casual stroll in paris, with an amazing shoulder bag, not screaming from the outfit, but making the entire outfit amazingly special - I could not figure why, and still can not define what is that makes it so special, - they called it large shoulder bag, and I was searching for it for few days on the internet when discovered ivory Rive Gauche. On Bluefly they had pics of the full bag standing, and it looked so not interesting, but when it hangs over your sholder half empty and slouchy, it has that devine chic. I would have never thought of it if I had seen just pics from the store. I bought it and after Muse I and Muse II and gray and black besaces, I cherish Rive Gauche as my favorite. Vesna