What breeds is she made of?

I know from nothing about dogs, but the first thing I thought was mini schnauzer

She is just precious...........those are just the saddest eyes.

Is she yours?

poopsie2 said:
I know from nothing about dogs, but the first thing I thought was mini schnauzer

She is just precious...........those are just the saddest eyes.

Is she yours?

That is what we think too. She definitely has some schnauzer in her, right?

No, she is not mine, (yet). We took her home from a pet hospital where a shelter guy had put her up at after he found her near a human hospital with a cut along her back. He had her wound looked at and also had her take all the three jabs of vaccination (I am no expert at that but according to him, she has the nec jabs and he has a booklet from the vet to prove). God bless his kind heart. He has his own shelter now which currently has 30 over dogs in it. He takes in stray dogs and cats.

I had thought that bringing her home means she is mine i.e. adopt but no, he says to take her home to try first as he is not worried about us but about her, whether or not she can adapt as previously, a guy took her home but had to give her back after one week cos his neighbors complained about the barking. This, gave me renewed respect for this shelter guy. He is so responsible, not only to the human, but to the animal! He is not just shoving the animal to the human! Bravo and God bless him!

I suspect she has anxiety separation and again, I have never had a pet before, so this is just my guess. She whines, howls and barks when no one is home. I am not working, for now, so I am training her by leaving the house for ten minutes, come back, if she is not barking, give her a cookie, then longer and longer as the cycle repeats. This is for us, for her and for anyone who adopts her. She is only four, the vet says. So she has another ten more years or so. I cannot imagine her living her life like this for ten more years! The problem has to be solved. Or we have to find her a home that constantly has someone in the house. We are in another country now for hubby's work and although I am not working now, I might find a job in future and most likely, I will work when we return to our own country after this posting. If the problem is cured, we will gladly take her back with us to our country but if it is not, then for our sake (our neighbors' too) and for her sake, I would not want to take her with us - if she cannot be alone at home, we will be very sad cos we love her very much. It has only been three weeks and we have already spent quite a bit of money on her but it is worth it - she has gained weight (not sure if it is evident from the pics but the first two pics of her show her really thin), and our helper says her fur looks more now. :smile:

It would be very selfish of me to keep her if she cannot cope being alone although i cry when i think of giving her back or away.

I think it would be a long time before I would give my heart away to an animal again. Although we have done her well, e.g. She gets a weekly bath now, care, food, water, medical (i clean her ears daily with medication from the vet as she has ear infection) deworming, etc, my heart aches that I have to find her a better family if she cannot cope with being alone and that hurts me. Bringing her home for the test drive is a bad decision cos it is now hurting me. I console myself by trying to see the good we have done for her, that is all I can do now.

Schnauzer is the first thing I thought of also. Maybe a type of terrier (is schnauzer a terrier?). She's adorable, I just wanna snuggle with her! Bless you for being there for her as much as you have!

MarneeB said:
Schnauzer is the first thing I thought of also. Maybe a type of terrier (is schnauzer a terrier?). She's adorable, I just wanna snuggle with her! Bless you for being there for her as much as you have!

Thank you. I have been told schnauzer is a type of terrier but I am no expert, of cos.

Pics of her in her dress as it was snowing, ;)

image-4090757364.png

image-451768364.png

image-3123266371.png

image-972691541.png

She might have some Scottish or Cairn terrier in there. Lots of Cairns and Scotties have that low-slung body, like a Dachshund. Or Schnauzer, it's a similar look. Definitely some sort of terrier.

If she is very anxious about being alone, that's a Scottish terrier characteristic. BUT, lots of dogs have that trait even when it's not typical of their breed.

She is lovely! I hope it all works out the way it should :smile: