What brands have truly great quality - worthy of the high prices

My first and last (at least for awhile) bag over $1000 was the Miu Miu Bow. What a disappointment! It was ripping before I even used it!! Originally I was going to exchange it but all the ones at the store had the same issue. I think my Cole Haan, Fendi and LV speedy 30 are better quality (and 1/2 the price).

When buying mass produced items, you know you aren't paying for quality=sturdiness. You are paying for quality=fine materials, leathers, design and beauty.
Of course when a bag falls apart that is a big problem, but for small signs of wear I don't mind.

I think BV and H have truly great quality. I do not think Chanel and LV have great quality now. In fact, I think Chanel's quality is on a downward spiral. I don't mind spending the money on H because I feel that I am getting my money's worth. However I have a problem with Chanel increasing their prices when their quality is declining.

I know most designers charge WAY more than they really have to, and I know some on here have said that part of that is design innovation. In my opinion, and I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't see really great design innovation. For example with LV, their newer pieces, especially LE items, really don't speak to me design wise. I don't think there is anything phenomenal or original about them.

I've owned most designers at some point and the only ones that have good quality are Hermes, LV and BV for me.

Almost all the other brands from Coach to Chanel in my collection have had problems with stitches popping out, something snapping, etc... within the first year. That being said, I don't think any of the bags are truly worth the price they ask these days... although I love my Birkins, is it really worth an entire year of groceries? Honestly no.

I've found Hermes and LV to have impeccable quality. Coach is good for the price, but I've had a few niggling problems with one I owned. My Chanels and Gucci are all of seemingly good quality, but I don't use them that much. Though I love Fendi, I think their quality is lacking, and Prada doesn't do a very good job sewing their linings- not one but TWO of my Pradas have had the lining come apart at the stitching.

IMO, Hermes has great quality. Not sure about other brands though. And yesh, Chanel has good quality too, but I reckon the vintage styles' quality are even better.

I am very hard on my leather Coach and it sill looks brand new - I throw it on counters, in the back of my car, wear it in the snow and rain, etc. I am not one to baby my bags, I have been very satisfied with the look and quality of this bag. My only problem with Coach right now is the increasing prices, I'm not one that can afford to pay high $$ for a handbag and while Coach may not be expensive compared to some other brands it's still more than I want to pay these days.

Linda

In all honesty, I'm not sure that $1000+ gets you any more than say, $500+ in terms of quality except from maybe Hermes, however, I think those prices are ridiculous. They may be timeless and beautiful but really, I don't think that there is any handbag truly worth $10,000. They are great, but not *that* great if that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, my collection is mainly Chanel, some YSL and the occassional LV so I love bags like most on here. Just thinking "logically" though, I don't see a difference in quality in my $600 Speedy vs. my other bags that were over $1000.

I like my Jimmy Choo bag. Would I spend that much money again? Probably not. I don't use it very often for fear of soiling it so it sits at the top of my closet in it's bag and I use my more practical bags. Bye the way my Bulga bags seem very well made and are very durable.