What brand nail polish does Not contain formaldehyde?

OPI is not formaldehyde free.

I just finished advanced patch testing for contact dermatitis and have a 108 page report of what I can and can't use. My doctor's nurse recommended that I look at drustore.com to check out ingredients. The OPI they are currently selling has both formaldehyde and toluene. I check my OPI that had to lift off bottom labels and YES there is formaldehyde and toluene.

alleniana said:

I just finished advanced patch testing for contact dermatitis and have a 108 page report of what I can and can't use. My doctor's nurse recommended that I look at drustore.com to check out ingredients. The OPI they are currently selling has both formaldehyde and toluene. I check my OPI that had to lift off bottom labels and YES there is formaldehyde and toluene.

Well no nail polish has actual formaldehyde in it. Formaldehyde is a gas. If your bottles have toluene in them they must be old, as new OPI is big 3 free and yes, I did just confirm that by looking at some of my own bottles.

how old are your OPI's? they've been Big 3 Free for years now but the older ones will of course still have those ingredients.

opi does not have nor has it EVER had formaldehyde. formaldehyde was an ingredient in certain hardeners, but has NEVER been used in nail polishes across any brand. You may see the ingredient formaldehyde resin but that is NOT formaldehyde. It has a similar base structure but is not the same. For people allergic to formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin is perfectly safe. And many three free polishes do contain the resin.