What brand and style is your favorite staple sweater?

londonChanel

Jun 18, 2008
Dallas
I am starting to get my fall and winter clothes out there. Can you all recommend your favorite sweaters? I hate the ones that pill after one wearing. What tops are you all wearing this season? I like the long thin cardigans but for every day wear I'm thinking about getting Banana Republic and J Crews.

Thanks.

lily25

Hermèsistible
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
It depends on your lifestyle really. Whether you are in a corporate environment, a housewife, a sporty chick etc, you get the drift right?
My staples are my argyle sweaters.

Brands I like are Burberry, Lacoste, and Barbour.

I also love long cardies, but not those soccer moms wear. I like them really structured.

I don't mind for brands in cardies, I just look for design.

Loubou Lady

La Reina
May 5, 2008
New York, NY
I have a thin silk blend from Banana Republic that has lasted over the years, and last fall picked up a Kenneth Cole cowl neck sweater in white I love plus a thin merino wool Club Monaco. So far those two have stayed nice :smile:

bubbleloba

In LaLa Land
Authenticator
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
San Francisco
My wardrobe staples usually comes from Club Monaco (I like monotone colors). They have some classic V-necks and cardigans out the last time I checked that will go well with jeans and skirts.

I also like the sweaters from the new Vince collection. It's all about a long and lean look.

I also like the cropped chunky knit sweaters. I'm eyeing a red Theory one similar to this:

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
featherweight merino wool and cashmere sweaters from jcrew. long, lean, great quality.

yellowtulip

Apr 4, 2008
My wardrobe staples usually comes from Club Monaco (I like monotone colors). They have some classic V-necks and cardigans out the last time I checked that will go well with jeans and skirts.

I also like the sweaters from the new Vince collection. It's all about a long and lean look.
i love this forest green sweater. :heart: is it cashmere?

kazu

May 3, 2008
cashmere sweaters/cardies from different brands, such as stella, chloe, lv, givenchy. I can't wear wool so it limits the selection somewhat. I really like turtle neck, so most of my sweaters are turtle neck of different color/style.

viba424

O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
My favorite sweater is a black cotton crew neck sweater from the Gap. It is so simple and versatile, and I can machine wash it. I cant live without it.

I also like the simple merino wool sweaters in black from banana. They do the best job in mens sweaters too. Thin, soft. I have some nice cable sweaters and wrap sweaters from but I always feel sooo fat in them, or I get too hot!