What bothers you more: vachetta or piping?

I dont hate it i Dislike all Vachetta together ehehe :smile: i get scared such a worry wart from time to time cause i dont baby none of my bags. Once i started to see the scuffs on my mono pieces im like darn it :crybaby: lol but i sure love once it patinas.
I worry about about ALL vachetta equally/handle/piping/inside/ and outside the bag LOL :biggrin:

Piping. The piping on a Speedy 30 I had split open and I was so careful w/that bag. Initially, LV was going to replace the piping on that side for $105, but in the end they replaced both sides of piping, no charge. Also, they didn't charge me for shipping, either.

wow I've never even considered this! Now I'm nervous to go home and look at the piping on some of my more loved bags lol it's probably trashed! But even still, massive amounts of vachetta make me nervous because I'm so scared it'll get dirty. My sister has a Beverly GM that's seriously hideous because it's so black and unevenly patina'd lol seriously mottled, she doesn't even carry it anymore!

Vachetta. I had it all replaced on my NF b/c of the dye transfer from my winter coat. I have a love hate relationship w/vachetta. It's so beautiful when it has an even honey patina but once it gets dirty and dark……yuck!

missanne said:
Vachetta. I had it all replaced on my NF b/c of the dye transfer from my winter coat. I have a love hate relationship w/vachetta. It's so beautiful when it has an even honey patina but once it gets dirty and dark……yuck!
ever tried baby wipes to clean? it leaves an even patina as well, provided you do it on all vachetta parts.

Hmm the piping on the speedy irks me a little because it has issues sometimes
However on one of my lv briefcases, the vachetta leather picks up so much dirt that the handles look cruddy on it -.- most of the time I dont mind either

missanne said:

The NF looks okay though because the straps are very thin on it :smile: I wouldn't worry, it's such a beautiful bag

FacundaRhose said:
ever tried baby wipes to clean? it leaves an even patina as well, provided you do it on all vachetta parts.

Sure did. Used the non alcohol wipes and it dried out the leather plus the dye was black so it was stained pretty bad.

pinky7 said:
The NF looks okay though because the straps are very thin on it :smile: I wouldn't worry, it's such a beautiful bag

DH wouldn't let me carry it anymore b/c it really did look bad. I'm much more careful with it since the repair. I tend to buy bags w/the least amount of vachetta now.

missanne said:
DH wouldn't let me carry it anymore b/c it really did look bad. I'm much more careful with it since the repair. I tend to buy bags w/the least amount of vachetta now.

Maybe I should follow your example and be more cautious with my NF :o if your DH was concerned about it, it must've been pretty bad color transfer