what body lotion/creame do you use?

ford8161

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
I just wanted to know what you ladies thought was the best body lotion, in terms of smell, texture, and how well it works?Ive been using palmers cocoa butter, but the smell is a bit odd!!

also, how often do you moisturise?Ive been doing it twice a day, but I dont know if that is a bit excessive!!

would love to hear your thoughts!!!!!:P

H2O+ Ginger-citron Shimmering Body Souffle
It's sooooo soft even when shea butter is an ingredient!! I :heart::heart::heart: the subtle ginger scent, it's not too shimmery that it would make me a disco ball which is another plus! I love the brand overall they make great moisturizers and shower gels.

986.jpg

I moisturize once a day, this thing leaves my skin so babysoft I need not reapply for the rest of the day/night.

I use Victoria Secret's Love Spell (my fav) or Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber or Warm Vanilla Sugar (DH LOVES vanilla). I put it on after I shower.

I like stuff from Bath and Body works; lotions more than creams. They're nice and liquidy without being too runny, and they absorb quickly. Plus, there's a whole lot of scents to choose from! Mine is Peony.

Last edited:
This is probably the weirdest thing you've ever heard, but I rub conditioner on my body when I'm in the shower while I'm putting it in my hair. I let it say on there for a minute or two and rinse. Totally works!!

I learned this from when I took ceramics and my hands were dry as the desert and this was the ONLY thing that helped.

I use any generic body lotion from the drugstore or Target. Idk, but to me, lotion is lotion. I don't need any expensive stuff. I just slather it all over my body after I shower and towel-dry myself everyday. Especially the feet because my heels can dry out and start peeling easily; I put lots of lotion and wear socks when I go to bed. I've been doing that since I was 14, and now 9 years later, my skin is super soft and glowing.

Last edited:
I use Lubriderm - the fragrance free one that is for normal to dry skin. I am becoming more and more allergic to any scents so this works for me because it's fragrance free.

I suppose I could go with something a bit thicker, but this works decently. I use it every day after showering and sometimes again before I go to bed.

I like Vaseline Intensive Care, the cocoa butter one smells great. St Ives is good too, I use the vanilla flavour. I put lotion all over when I get out of the shower, and on my hands after I wash them.

I use body butter from The Body Shop in the winter and fall and switch to their lighter lotion in spring and summer. I like their vanilla and grapefruit scents the best - not a fan of florals.

I consatntly switch up what I use. I change the fragrance and texture depending on what my skin is like that day. Some of my faves are Body Shop body butters, and the Jergens original. I am also in love with Origins white tea cream