What bags you would have for your dream Chanel family?

ZoeyZhou

Jul 16, 2014
Hello ladies! I am a newbie to Chanel, starting to slowly build up my collection. I was picturing what my dream Chanel family would be, what bag in which color, leather and hardware I would like to have.... Of course we could buy as many as we want if we have $$$, but what I am thinking is under limited budget, say we can only buy less than 10 Chanel bags, what you would choose to have it in your family. I tend to have one bag in each of the popular types, So far what I have in my mind is: one CF M/L in black caviar GHW, and/or one CF M/L in beige caviar GHW; one Reissue 225 in black GHW; one CF mini in RED caviar SHW, and/or one CF mini in turquoise caviar SHW or light GHW; one Le Boy old medium black caviar ruthenium HW; one WOC in black or red caviar GHW......

Please share your thoughts!

The only Chanel that I really want is a CF M/L in a grape purple color, prefer lamb but caviar would do, SHW. I wouldn't mind a bowling or doctor's bag style. My non-bag wants right now (hopefully very soon) is a card holder. Since no Chanel stores around me, I will have to settle to buying what is online for right now which is the turquoise colored one.

I love dreaming of that unicorn Chanel :P.

Classic Flap

Leather: Irrediscent pearly caviar
Color: Red/Pink/Blue
Chain: Bijoux chain (or anything unusual)
Added Detail: Charms

Ahhh how much I love limited edition releases :heart:

Reactions: Megs
Hello ladies! I am a newbie to Chanel, starting to slowly build up my collection. I was picturing what my dream Chanel family would be, what bag in which color, leather and hardware I would like to have.... Of course we could buy as many as we want if we have $$$, but what I am thinking is under limited budget, say we can only buy less than 10 Chanel bags, what you would choose to have it in your family. I tend to have one bag in each of the popular types, So far what I have in my mind is: one CF M/L in black caviar GHW, and/or one CF M/L in beige caviar GHW; one Reissue 225 in black GHW; one CF mini in RED caviar SHW, and/or one CF mini in turquoise caviar SHW or light GHW; one Le Boy old medium black caviar ruthenium HW; one WOC in black or red caviar GHW......

Please share your thoughts!

For me I would want at least minimum of 1 CF, 1 boy, 1 reissue, and one WOC or mini! I think at least one of these bags should be a fun color besides black to mix it up, also the hardware on the bags should be mixed between gold, silver, ruthenium, etc. Oh and it would be nice to have 1 chevron bag and 1 lambskin bag in your collection, even if you are a die hard caviar lover!

That is my goal eventually, I'm almost there but in no rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillWork4Fashion
For me I would want at least minimum of 1 CF, 1 boy, 1 reissue, and one WOC or mini! I think at least one of these bags should be a fun color besides black to mix it up, also the hardware on the bags should be mixed between gold, silver, ruthenium, etc. Oh and it would be nice to have 1 chevron bag and 1 lambskin bag in your collection, even if you are a die hard caviar lover!

That is my goal eventually, I'm almost there but in no rush.
Same thoughts this is what i have:
1) Medium Classic flap with GHW
2) Black boy lambskin in LGHW
3) Light Beige/ ivory chevron boy in LGHW

Building ammo again for a Reissue in So Black....in 225 or 226. I think a reissue will grow beautifully with us as one ages..just like the CF...can imagine carrying them till old.

I saw when you first posted this question and had to take some time to really ponder this. It's a great question - especially for those of us still building our collections. Sometimes it's easy to get caught in the pretty bag of the moment and not plan for how we ultimately want out collections to turn out. Luckily I had my friends on TPF to help me think through as I've been collecting Chanel for the past 2 years. :smile:

For my ultimate collection, I'd start with what I have and add the items I don't yet have in italics. A couple of personal quirks that impact my choices: I don't want all my bags to be Chanel - or any one manufacturer) - so 10-12 Chanel items will likely be my limit. Also most of my bags will have shw or rhw as I wear mostly white gold jewelry.

• Single classic flap jumbos
- Black patent w/shw
- 10c red caviar w/shw
- Charcoal grey lamb w/'08 Bijoux chain shw
- Ivory glazed lamb w/'08 Bijoux chain shw
- Black lamb w/24k ghw

• M/L classic flap's
- Pearl grey lamb w/RHW
- 10c or 14c red lamb w/ghw or lghw

• Le Boy Bag
- New med perforated gold lamb w/lghw

Totes
- Beige lamb /black calf chevron tote w/shw
- Black tote with rhw (tbd. NOT the GST)

Bonus Bag
WOW! bag. Something eye popping like the irridescent python in jumbo CF (I think it was tulip that just showed this in the Chanel in action thread?) or a Le Boy New Medium in cobalt python.

Having all these bags would make me a very happy Sparkle. :love:

The following are on my wish list:
1. Clams bag
2. Pearly beige caviar flap
3. 10c blue roi or red caviar classic flap
4. M/L red chevron classic flap
5. Mini coco handle in dark blue/dark blue or black/black

My favorite Chanel bags are the reissues, I rarely wear my CFs. WOCs grew on my in the last few years, and they are great for weekends. I also like some of the totes, great for everyday. Good luck with your collection, it will grow faster than you may expect.:angel:

The only Chanel that I really want is a CF M/L in a grape purple color, prefer lamb but caviar would do, SHW. I wouldn't mind a bowling or doctor's bag style. My non-bag wants right now (hopefully very soon) is a card holder. Since no Chanel stores around me, I will have to settle to buying what is online for right now which is the turquoise colored one.
You may want to try calling a boutique in your country and working with an SA who can help you find the bag you want. Also, I've read posts here on TPF where people have called Chanel customer service and had them track down a bag.

I hate for anyone to settle on a Chanel. They are such special and expensive bags. You should have exactly what you want if at all possible.

Just need to add a 227 Reissue in fun color to complete the Dream Chanel Family-

Already have;
So Black Chevron Jumbo with BHW
Black Washed Lamb Chain Around Maxi with SHW
Black Caviar Single Flap Maxi with SHW
Large Black Caviar Boy with RHW
Black Caviar GST with GHW
Dark Beige Caviar GST with GHW
Seasonal Chanel- Large 3 in Black Lamb with SHW
Seasonal Chanel -Black Caviar Trendy CC with GHW (for going out)

If only I had the money to buy exactly what I want.... It will likely take me years but I want:

A black caviar m/l Flap
A 226 reissue, any color
A pink or beige caviar medallion tote
A medium Lambskin red boy bag

And I would love to just buy whatever I see that I want when I want. Lol

Oh, I've thought about this a lot. I am a not a "collector", so I should start off with that. I use every bag I have and buy to keep. I think that I could happily use the one Chanel bag I have forever (227 Reissue in black Caviar) because it is perfect for nearly every occasion. I don't feel the "need" for a Classic. That being said, if I could choose two more Chanel bags, they would be: SM/M red Classic, and a M Boy (unsure of color). Would be fun! Love coming here to see the collections!:smile:

Reactions: momshj
I will want

Reissue 225/226 aged calfskin with ghw
Black caviar coco handle in small
Square mini in chevron
Black chevron backpack in calfskin
Classic jumbo