What bags do you recommend when carrying a laptop inside?

Nov 28, 2020
If anyone has anyone experiences with having to carry a laptop around in a bag all day, what bag do you recommend?

LV fans, Do you prefer the Neveful MM or GM or even the OnTheGo bag or no Neverful at all (some people claim that carrying a laptop in their neverful hurts their shoulders since it drags it down/applies a lot of pressure)?

And does anyone know if a 13-inch MacBook Air can fit inside a Chanel Grand Shopping Tote (GST)?

Thanks and happy new years ladies (& gents).

Reactions: Namwan-
I actually indeed take the Neverfull MM when needing to carry my Laptop or any papers in that size. It does not hurt my shoulder, only when I load it really full with grocery shopping... That bag is indeed extremely sturdy. Not the prettiest design in my opinion, but very very practical...

I use the Longchamp bags mostly. They’re great for travel and super lightweight so you can carry them a long time without having shoulder strain. I can also put a lot more inside because it is lightweight to begin with, and every gram matters. I will take a mini purse (Hermes or Chanel 224) to put inside so that I can use that for going to dinners. For every day I still use the Longchamp bags mostly because I can fit a lot in the large one. I also have a reissue tote if it needs to be a bit more formal.

I always resisted the Neverful b/c I wasn't a fan of LV's canvas designs, but once it was released in the empriente leather in the MM size I jumped on it! It's still super lightweight, and fits SO much, and IMO looks elegant while being a bit more understated. I've only used it a handful of times since I've gotten it, but I've cycled through a LOT of bags trying to find a solid work bag that still looks nice, and I feel like the Neverful will be the winner. I mean hey there's a reason it's so popular right?

I also think the Onthego looks beautiful as well!

I have the black Burberry Medium Title bag (link). It is understated and fits my 13" Dell XPS laptop and provides good protection. I considered several other bags (Givenchy medium Antigona - too big and heavy!) but wanted a structured bag that closes at the top, didn't look too much like a briefcase and I can also use as a day bag without my laptop.

13 Inch Macbook fits with space to spare in Deadly Ponies Mr Porter totes. I've tried Longchamp bags in the past but I find the straps too thin for comfortable lugging around, whereas I've had easily cost-per-wear from my Mr Porter. There is a tiny split in the piping near one of the straps, but I think this is my tendency to hang it (laptop, lunch, water and all) off one strap whilst fishing for my purse.

Empreinte or canvas? From pics I've seen, Macbook Air doesn't seem to fit into the canvas Onthegomm unless its diagonal and it distorts the bag a bit.
I have the canvas. If you put your laptop the way I do in the photos then the sides won’t stick out. I also normally have folders/files in the bag which may cause the middle to bulge out a bit but I’m ok with that.

B3001141-5258-46CB-AC2D-0946425AF9C5.png

A516CFA1-FDA9-49EE-9DBE-CCF9D8150683.png