what bags do you bring/carry on vacation?

My Mulberry Bayswater travels everywhere with me, regardless of where we're going. It's roomy, hard-wearing and easy on the eye! Depending on the trip, it is often accompanied by the Mulberry Antony Messenger bag, for when I need both hands and arms free at all times. Also, the compact, foldaway, Le Pliage is always a must for excess shopping or strolls to the pool or beach! :smile:

I like to carry bags with zips (harder to be pick-pocketed and the contents are kept in) when I travel but I hate it when I have to place them under the seat in front of me while in the plane. How do you deal with this? Also don't like it going on the conveyor belt during security checks.

I bring only one handbag..usually my trusty brown leather hobo from Zara..it's roomy and pleasing to the eyes and sometimes I carry my LV Neverfull becoz of it's size..my baby's stuff fits nicely inside..

Carry the dust bag or sleeper bag your bag came with - or a pillow case - folded in your handbag, and when you have to put your handbag someplace questionable, just pop it in that.

I like to carry bags with zips (harder to be pick-pocketed and the contents are kept in) when I travel but I hate it when I have to place them under the seat in front of me while in the plane. How do you deal with this? Also don't like it going on the conveyor belt during security checks.

I always carry a large Longchamp Le Pliage for this purpose, or an Envirosax.

I don't like getting the sleepers gunked up.

How to guys pack your bags? I'm not so worried about actually bringing them on vacation with me as I am packing them. I want to keep them as nice as possible through travel/airport/flight. Do you guys put them in the dust bag and in a huge carryon bag? In your checked luggage? Please share!!

Depends where I am going, if its a city and just sight seeing and no sporty activities involved, then I carry my LV speedy, Balenciaga day or basically any of my bags I wish to take. But I prefer to take one with a zipper like many others mentioned and also a messenger/ crossbody bag, its easy to carry and harder to snatch and run.
But if its a vacation where I will be hiking, rafting or any other sport activity, I have a sort of jeans type bag from See by Chloe, its huge, light and if it gets dirty I can wash it easily.

Prada023.jpg

I usually bring this as I can wipe any smudges from it - its been everywhere with me last year it went to Spain, France & the USA . Its very versatile and I do not put any of my bags in checked luggage (designer bags) if I need another bag its packed inside the Prada or else I get my 13 year old daughter to carry it inside one of her bags. You are not covered by insurance for high end bags if lost or stolen - I think in Ireland its €400 per suitcase

I soooo want a Le Pliage!! I usually carry my nylon zippered crossbody bags when we travel--because we almost always have all of our kids with us and I need hands-free, or we are going somewhere beachy or outdoorsy and I need to be able to "forget" about taking care of my bags and relax.

If it's a grown-up trip, I carry my Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC or my Dooney and Bourke Venus tote.