what bags do you bring/carry on vacation?

conniec.4

O.G.
May 22, 2007
do you stick with your everyday bags, or do you bring a less expensive really casual bag? or do you like to show off your expensive bags? do you bring more than one; small or large? we are leaving for a week at cape cod, with two little ones, i usually bring my real casual light weight bags...but its also a good time to show off your nicer bags...just curious...

My vacation bag always ends up being my LV Speedy 25. I don't like having my big fancy bags with me, and the 25 size just travels so easily for me.

Also I like it because I can dress up or down - carry my Speedy - and look good either way.

i bring my rebecca minkoff bags. they are really durable and hold up well. i also bring a bag i got at Target to take out if it is really hot or rainy or something. i don't want them to get messed up!

also, have fun in cape cod! my family has a beach house there. try and hit up Provincetown. It is at the very end of the cape(last town) (it is also pretty much the gay community capital of the nation) so they have some GREAT shopping! there is even a Marc by Marc Jacobs store there!

I guess it depends on where you're going, but for me, I never bring my expensive handbags on vacation. I get scared that something could happen to it, like food stains, etc. I bring more casual everyday bags or totes. Yea, it sucks that I can't show them off, but I'd rather keep them clean and safe at home. :P

For a Disney/amusement park-type vacation, I have a cute water resistant nylon messenger bag in a neutral color. It holds as much as a backpack, if not more, and it goes with all my casual vacation outfits. If I want something smaller/cuter, I have a couple of other smallish inexpensive nylon crossbodys (a LeSportSac and a High Way). But I do NOT take my $$ babies on that kind of vacay. :nogood:

For a resort-type vacation, where I'll be dressing up a lot more, I add a nice wristlet/clutch. I have a silver HH wristlet and a plum Lorca that between them take up virtually no space and go with pretty much everything I own. :tup:

mj daisy, thats where we are going provincetown!! i know the rest of the cape pretty well as my parents lived there years ago, but provincetown i only went to once....i hear its quite "colorful"....

I like carrying my good bags because I like seeing them in all my vacation pics! I buy them to enjoy, if they get messed up they get messed up, at least they had a good life and I have better memories of them and they all got to be in all of my favorite pics!

I like carrying my good bags because I like seeing them in all my vacation pics! I buy them to enjoy, if they get messed up they get messed up, at least they had a good life and I have better memories of them and they all got to be in all of my favorite pics!

I do that too! So I'll be bringing my new Marc Jacobs bronze leather satchel. But I'll also bring along a nylon Prada and a Marni Balloon bag. Since I hardly use the Marni bag, I'll leave it at our holiday home in France, for my sister-in-law and her daughter when she arrives there.

When we went to Hawaii in February, I carried one of my Nico XX bags.
It was big enough to carry everything I needed on the plane, and big enough to put small purchases in once we were on the island.

I think it's always best to bring more bags of different styles, colors and sizes if you have room for these bags. I am living in California and I like to bring my mini and medium sized braided metallic purses with me when I travel to Las Vegas for a short trip or go out at night when I travel to other states. I also carry larger bags (non-luxury bags) to store my necessities and outfits. I love the bags I am showing. My colleagues introduced me to a website that sells a lot of these bags. I love them.:yes:

Attachments

• bw080001cg.jpg
    bw080001cg.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 43
  • dfp67914c.jpg
    dfp67914c.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 50
My husband bought me a really cool canvas bag with an awesome screen printed design on it. I use this when we travel, I'd be too worried about my leather bags getting scratched or beaten up with airport travel.