What bag would you use for work?

baglovingmama

Bag Lover
Oct 24, 2006
I am a teacher and carry a laptop and charger and sometimes papers to grade. I like to also carry my lunch and water bottle... are there any bags that could work successfully and hold this amount of weight? My laptop is a macbook 13" so not huge.

Funny you are asking this because I just bought a replacement work bag today. I had been using one just like this one for years:

hamptonstote.jpg

Pic borrowed from the bay; not my auction.

This bag would fit all your items very nicely and is comfortable to carry, not heavy at all and it looks very professional. I only got a new one because I've been carrying this one for about three years and wanted a change.

What I replaced it with was the Large Alex Stitched Tote in Black Patent Leather:

AlexTote.jpg

I'm looking forward to using it.

Good luck finding the right bag for you!

Do you want a leather bag or signature? If you don't necessarily want leather, I like using a heritage stripe baby bag (sans changing pad) for work. They hold a ton and don't get scuffed up, and hold up well to the constant pulling things in and out of them.

I have this one (not my auction) with the tattersal lining, which akways makes me smile:

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!BnkWfw!!2k~$(KGrHqIH-CgEtq02t1+LBLk!PH1U4w~~_12.JPG

as well as the gunmetal one. I think both colors are nice for the workplace.

They also have the MFF versions at the outlet now.

I love the Addison bag...I have been on the search for one for myself. I am an Insurance Agent, and carry the same if not a little more. I love the addison bag, very classy and functional. Oh and it has tons of room!

My mom just bought on of the Kristin bags (the larger one that zips on the top with the pocket in the front) for work and her laptop, etc.... It is SO nice and is very classy! The Big Kristin tote would be nice, as well- It's pretty roomy.

I love the Addison bag...I have been on the search for one for myself. I am an Insurance Agent, and carry the same if not a little more. I love the addison bag, very classy and functional. Oh and it has tons of room!

I was also going to suggest the Addison!! I have one and LOVE her! I haven't used it for a laptop yet, but that's b/c my work laptop is ginormous (widescreen, over 15"). But it is big enough and probably sturdy enough for the stuff you mentioned. I'm not a fan of any of the newer bags from Coach as "work" bags - it seems that Coach isn't making straps very sturdy anymore. They all look so flimsy. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
i just carry my handbag and use any old tote for my lunch and other junk. ive had things spill too many times! what about getting like a lepliage or something simple to go w ur coach handbags?

I also own an addison bag which I use for my teaching stuff (but my comp is 17" so I don't even play those games. I'd also suggest the Kristin satchels b/c they look like they'd be a pretty good size and look professional.