What bag to get?

Hi dear All,

I'm getting my next Chanel bag. Now I only have a GHW Caviar black Jumbo, GHW Caviar GST. I thought I "needed" a Cerf. Bought it and never carried it out because I always chose GST if I needed a tote. Returned it after 2 weeks.

I used to own a m/l flap in fuschia color but sold it. Thought it's only an occasion bag. I love to use my lovely Chanels as often as possible. Tried the Reissues and Jumbo, didn't like Reissues. Got my Jumbo and used it often. Love my Jumbo.

Now I'm getting my 3rd Chanel. I know most people would recommend getting the classics because of the increasing price but I feel I'm classic content. DH told me if I'm getting another Chanel it should be m/l but I have my eyes on the Boy collection. I feel the m/l is too dressy for my lifestyle. I don't go out at nights (not to clubs or formal restaurants). I think the Boy suit my style more. Am I crazy? Am I going to regret?

Love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Thank you tutushopper and LilMissRedSoles. I really like the Boy collection but just a little concerned after a few years when I'm tired of it and wants to sell it, the resale value is going to make me cry. :shocked:

Thank you tutushopper and LilMissRedSoles. I really like the Boy collection but just a little concerned after a few years when I'm tired of it and wants to sell it, the resale value is going to make me cry. :shocked:

I have never made any purchase thinking about the resale value down the line. I have bought what I liked, and enjoyed them. Down the line, even brand new with tag classic flap bags may not be able to be sold for near what you paid for them. Who knows what the future may hold? You never know with ebay, consignments may give you 1/3 to 40% if you are lucky (if it's still new), so buy what you like and don't worry about the future. :smile:

i have never made any purchase thinking about the resale value down the line. I have bought what i liked, and enjoyed them. Down the line, even brand new with tag classic flap bags may not be able to be sold for near what you paid for them. Who knows what the future may hold? You never know with ebay, consignments may give you 1/3 to 40% if you are lucky (if it's still new), so buy what you like and don't worry about the future. :smile:

+1

I really like the Boy collection but just a little concerned after a few years when I'm tired of it and wants to sell it, the resale value is going to make me cry. :shocked:

This is likely true, but if you love it - who cares? Personally, I would advise you to buy the classic flap, but not if you have to talk yourself into it. Buy whichever one you will love more and enjoy!

i have never made any purchase thinking about the resale value down the line. I have bought what i liked, and enjoyed them. Down the line, even brand new with tag classic flap bags may not be able to be sold for near what you paid for them. Who knows what the future may hold? You never know with ebay, consignments may give you 1/3 to 40% if you are lucky (if it's still new), so buy what you like and don't worry about the future. :smile:

+2