What bag to get?

Jan 22, 2008
So I have been wanting to get a tano for a really long time and I think I'm finally going to do it because the fall colors are beautiful.

I've settled on Grape or Amethyst (prefer Amethyst)- but now I've run into a bit of a problem. I see that most of the bags I find in grape have black trim. I wear a LOT of brown accessories and outfits that go with brown so I really don't want anything with black on it. I like the new Sexbomb that's not the crunch leather on must have bag but there's just too much hardware on it for me. Also, I need a bag that doesn't zip to get into it. This is a must!!!

Does anyone know of any Tano bags that I can get in purple with brown trim? I like the Boogie Bucket (and similar styles) as well as the Romantic. As far as my style goes I'm looking for something fairly casual that I can use daily just to throw on with jeans / t shirt / flat boots.

Thanks in advance. I would be okay with something not Tano if no tano bags meet my description, but I really want a Tano!

Last edited:
I am with you JJ-I love the brown trim and the SB is a little too busy for me also. I did buy a fall blueberry Boogie and it does look nice with the black trim, but I do prefer the brown. There are some color Boogies you can find with brown (new this season and from spring), but if I remember the Tano Expert telling me, I don't think they are doing anything with purple and brown for fall, it's all black. The other ladies can verify that better than me, I just joined in May here and just started buying Tanos. Good luck with your search!

Theres the Cooped Up in Velvet Leather thats on eVilbay! Its the new Amethyst color.. it has brown trim and brass HW.. its really cute but that bag in purple is not for me =[

Welcome jordanjordan! I think if you prefer the amethyst you should get something in that. As much as I adore the grape it's usually best to go with your first instinct! Plus, then you don't have to worry about the trim.

Not all of the velvet leather (amethyst) bags are in yet... little red chavette is like the sexbomb with the hardware (magnetic closure though), and carte blanche has zippers. MHB will be getting the strictly sauvage but I don't know much about it.

Hmmmmmmmm nice... I don't remember seeing a detachable long shoulder strap on the SS pics tho.... maybe that's one of the differences? Looked pretty to me though!

Oh, thats one reason I liked the Cooped Up! Man my love is switching between three bags as of now.. Im thinking once I get a good 300, then I'll really settle down and see which I NEEEEEED.

Rey -- the cooped up is HUUUGE ... even by Tano standards. I think I remember TanoExpert saying that the SS was the same as the cooped up, just different leathers.

^^I was looking at your pictures and thought your Shopper might be from Anthropologie because the lining is different and the trim was brown. My Shopper from Anthropologie is slightly smaller with a different lining.

I think mine is just older, as it has the graffiti label. But of course, I wouldn't know since I got it secondhand, though on Alex's site it says....

Tano style # 2050 Oversized Shopper. This oversized boho hobo is as soft as it is slouchy. It's also remarkably lightweight, considering it's size (it's big enough to carry your takeout and your chihuahua!) Re-issued by Tano due to popular demand, this style has now achieved official "cult favorite" status! Material: Italian "Crunch" leather. Handstained, with some tonal variation (lighter and darker areas.) Lightly glazed finish. Italian brown Aberdeen leather trim.

:confused1: