What bag to get next "after xmas" present from DH?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I'm so torn. Not sure what I should get. DH this morning said he'll buy me another LV bag as a late Xmas gift. Now I'm not sure what to get. He offered to get me a wallet, but I already have a Burberry zip continental and don't feel a need to pay $650 for a LV wallet that stays in my bag ...rather get another bag. Thus far my small LV collection includes:

Monogram Horizontal Batignolles (bought 2007)
Damier Ebene Rivington GM (bought 2010)

I figured I should get something Azur. But DH thinks I should get another Damier because I wear dark clothes and I'm a professional (I'm a physician just starting out after training in practice) and he thinks the Azur line is too casual and not professional enough. I also like the Trevi but I feel like it is too much like my Rivington.

I'd go for either tote or shoulder bag. My thoughts were to get the Galleria (smaller one) Azur, but is it too casual for me to take to work and to work related meetings?

Any other suggestions. Like to stay under $2000 to not break the bank getting a new bag.

Thanks!

I don't like the azur personally ! If you're looking for a tote ,I'd do the Neverfull GM in ebene !
If it doesn't have to be a tote ,go for the Artsy MM in mono.
I have the Neverfull GM in mono and the arsty mm and I LOVE them both !!

I agree with you about the wallet !
Merry Christmas !!

In damier ebene, the EVora is nice, but its realy expensive.
I think Galleria is really nice, and to be honest i love the neverfull.
ALso the delightful in mono is a great shoulder bag and not tooo expensive!

I'd go for a Neverfull MM in damier. The last time I was torn between the Galliera and the Trevi but the Galliera is very casual and not structured it is even more casual in azur due to the light colours. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful bag but to me it's not a bag I'd use for work. I see a lot of ladies here going to work with neverfulls and black suits and it looks fine. (Although I can't take either to my office, since my working place is very conservative. I wish I could take my Trevi to work, it looks so good with a black suit.)

I broke down and bought a Epi Electric Noir Alma and I can't get enough of it! I'm a professional too and the Alma just gives my look an added touch of class and pazaz without having the logo stand out.

I love the Alma MM for a professional bag too but I prefer the vernis line more. Maybe go in and check a few others out. The Azur is nice but sounds like may be a more casual feel than your going for. Amarante would be a nice color since you wear dark clothes but since price may be an issue......check it out:smile:

Since I just got the Westminster today, that's my vote. I do agree though that it's nice to diversify your bags so I also vote for the Ballade idylle. I am a professional so I understand looking the part, but i don't think people see your purse much at work and certainly not your patients. Lastly although DH is paying for it, it's really what you like that counts.

Plz let us know if anyone finds out the new vernis color!! I am hoping for something similar to rose pop pink for spring/summerI didn't know it would come out next month:smile:

I think they meant one of the new Epi colors. Epi is releasing a rainbow of 12? colors. There are threads about it in the Reference Section. (Also threads there about the new Rayures Vernis which includes a Pomme/RosePop-ish striped pattern...) :smile: