What bag should I get? Advice please!

reneeandrea18

Feb 18, 2010
I have such a LONG, LONG story... I need some advice here from the experts! I posted once a little while back.

I was utterly IN LOVE with the large leather Sabrina. My hubby was a sweetheart and managed to get one of the last ones online. It arrived damaged. We had a horrible issue with Coach.com so they gave us 20% our next purchases.

I ended up getting the leather Audrey, with the matching slim wallet. Because they wallet was sold out online I had to place an order over the phone with a FP retail in Michigan. When that purse arrived, what are the chances that also arrived DAMAGED. :wonderingYes, I cried. So my hubby drove across the metro to exchange it for a different Audrey. So I finally had my purse!

After almost a month of gentle use, I noticed these little tiny scuff marks all along the zipper area, handle and bottom. My hubby told me I was crazy and to just enjoy the bag. Everytime I look, I find more and more marks!!! :crybaby:Mind you, I just had a baby so this bag literally sits in my closet 5 days a week because I havent left the house much!

Im at such a loss. I adore this bag but have the feeling that it will not hold up well. I used my last 2 Coach purses for 4 and 5 years. They looked worn but still in amazing condition. I was hoping that I would be able to use Audrey for at least as long. Out of the collections right now, what purse/fabric/leather do you think will hold up the best?? I really like the OP black signaure Brooke. I'm not sure how that will wear. I'm looking for a long lasting purse to add to my collection. Something I can use every day, long term. Any ideas? Suggestions? I'm so torn on what to do!

Thanks so much for reading! Thanks for any advice in advance!

Last edited:
Well, as awful as this is going to sound..you're hands are tied.

Coach stands behind their products for manufacturers defects...like hardware or peeling or cracking...but they don't and can't guarantee things normal wear does to the bag.

The thing with the Madison leather is that as beautiful as it is, it does scuff and scratch easily. So what you're seeing--from the sounds of it--is right up there with "what happens".

I would suggest getting some Apple conditioner products--you can search the topic here, people love the stuff. It will help, it won't make it "brand new again" but it may make you feel better.

I returned my Audrey on the weekend because of color rubbing off and I hadn't had mine very long either. I am now waiting on a Kristin Satchel to arrive as my replacement. It looks like the Audrey Leather has a problem with the dye process. Good Luck

I guess I'm not really sure. Ive used the bag a total of maybe 4 short times? I noticed the first mark the 2nd day I had the purse. Its only in certain areas of the bag. Its little gray/white marks like the color "chipped" or "scratched" off? I havent been rough on the bag or abused it by any means. I havent really even had the chance to use it.

Take it back in to the coach store and see what they tell you. It surely can not hurt. The bag should not show any wear and tear, or flaking that fast. IMO they should replace it once again.... or give you a choice of something else at this point.
I wish you good luck with the problem. I would cry too. ;(