What bag gets you compliments -- but is a cheapie?

My Kathy Van Zeeland red/plum bag, which cost $22, gets compliments whenever I carry it.
No one has ever said a word about my Hermes Bolide!
But the Bolide is very plain compared to the KVZ.

Mine really is a cheapie!

It's this heartshaped, black patent bag I got at H&M (dont remember how much it was, but you probably know what their price range is). I use it when it rains.

Oh, and people also seem to like my Marc Jacobs Al Gore canvas tote.

Attachments

• pict0006_1203346182.jpg
    pict0006_1203346182.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 74
I was thinking about why some of the designer bags don't get complimented as much... maybe the people have an instant recognition of the brand and think the owner already knows the bag is fab... maybe there's something about a louis vuitton bag (or any other designer) where the other person sees it and likes it, but is more hesitant to compliment? One might feel like she is showing her "envy" of the bag if the bag is one of the big designers?

Just some interesting thoughts I had in my mind and wanted to share

No matter what, when I carry my Rafe by Target bags I always get stopped to be paid a compliment. Here is my most used of the three I have. I love this bag, and best of all it was only like $50.00 at Target. Pardon the stock pic from "the bay" I don't have any "in action" pics.

Attachments

• 114380686_tp.jpg
    114380686_tp.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 137
Funny, I've gotten compliments on the same bag as wordbox but mine is burgundy color. The leather is so soft and mushy. I used her today.

I also get a lot of compliments on a HH bag- my only one. It's the Dominique Hobo. I got it during one of their earlier sales for $118. I have never seen another one for sale on their site. My friend's nanny actually took it off my shoulder and demanded I give it to her and she was even willing to pay for it.

I have a David & Goliath tote that I use for grocery shopping that says "Hi, my name is: You can't afford me" on it. I get comments on that every time!! And i believe it was under $50.

This bag that looks like its real steel hardware and alligator skin. and its really like plastic with some kind of metal where the handle doesnt even stay together. Go it at this funky boutique for about $40.

But I get compliments on it all the time. Everyone assumes that I paid like $1000+ for it. My SO was like "Im afraid to ask how much that bag was" LOL

there was also this brown bag that looked like snakeskin that I got SO many compliments from. One lady at Neiman Marcus told me the bag was gorgeous and I paid like $30 and it was from Rampage!! can you believe it? LMAO

of course I never told anybody the real price, But its good to have a laugh as these folks think my cheapo bags are high end.