What bag for study abroad

susanq

Dec 26, 2015
Hey,
I need everyone's help. I am studying abroad in London for 3 months and want to take 1 "good" bag that is good for day time sight seeing and going out. I also cannot imagine not having a Chanel bag in London. The three bags from my current collection I was thinking about bringing (just one) is a taupe cc crave, black caviar m/a, or a red woc, however I was thinking of buying (if my SA can get it) either a mini or woc in black caviar with silver hardware. I have traveled to Europe before, but never for this long with *one bag. What Chanel bags have others taken overseas for an extended trip? Thank You so much!
* two if I can travel with one in the other such as maybe a woc that doubles as my wallet and a ml?

I always travel with my reissue 225 with black distressed calfskin and gold hardware. Reason is that it fits more than the M/L while still looking like a small cross body bag. it's discreet but yet the softer and supple leather while looking casual when worn with jeans and such during daytime, transforms into an elegant bag during nighttime with the soft leather (compared to caviar) and yet still quite durable for both day and night. The size and the versatility made that bag the perfect size for me when traveling or need convenience.

I always travel with my reissue 225 with black distressed calfskin and gold hardware. Reason is that it fits more than the M/L while still looking like a small cross body bag. it's discreet but yet the softer and supple leather while looking casual when worn with jeans and such during daytime, transforms into an elegant bag during nighttime with the soft leather (compared to caviar) and yet still quite durable for both day and night. The size and the versatility made that bag the perfect size for me when traveling or need convenience.
May I ask how much more it fits than the M/L? Are you talking about 1 extra lipstick or small hand cream, etc? :smile:

I am interested in the Reissues lately but I am stuck going back and forth between 225 and 226.

If it is me, i would bring two bag; the m/l flap & woc. As i like to have choices depends on my mood & rotate my bags to let the other one rest :smile:. Plus woc doesnt take up much space when you are coming to london,

But if its just one (this is a tough choice). Maybe the m/l, since you are planning to get another black woc/mini once you are there.

Reactions: resplendent
If it is me, i would bring two bag; the m/l flap & woc. As i like to have choices depends on my mood & rotate my bags to let the other one rest :smile:. Plus woc doesnt take up much space when you are coming to london,

But if its just one (this is a tough choice). Maybe the m/l, since you are planning to get another black woc/mini once you are there.
I second this post!

May I ask how much more it fits than the M/L? Are you talking about 1 extra lipstick or small hand cream, etc? :smile:

I am interested in the Reissues lately but I am stuck going back and forth between 225 and 226.

From my perspective, my reissue 225 serves perfectly the purpose of a small casual cross body black bag that one would wear with jeans, shorts in the summer, etc. Basically, I felt that with my reissue 225, I don't have a need to get a rectangular mini because I feel that the 225 can serve that purpose (though obviously it's bigger than the rectangular mini - it doesn't "look" that much bigger though IMO). But of course I still "needed" rectangular minis :lol: That said, I felt that the reissue 226 is PERFECT size for a work bag or day to day bag when you need to carry more than your essentials but don't want things to swim around (I feel the jumbo looks overwhelming). It's between the timeless classic M/L and Jumbo. I always feel that M/L is perfect but would be great with JUST a tiny bit of space, while the jumbo is WAY too big. the 226 is right between the 2 and for me it would be the perfect work bag/everyday bag size. though I have no problem with M/L since I don't carry much with me to be honest. IMO, if you want a casual small cross body bag that's great for running errands and/or travel, 225 is very versatile (another plus for travel purpose is that while it's classic it's not flashy without the cc logo calling unwanted attention to yourself). Holding it by the chain itself when dressed up/for going out is nice and easy because it's less "boxy" than M/L or rectangular mini which made it easier to hold as a small clutch with chain tucked in, and I think the softer distressed calf texture makes it so sophisticated.

Between the M/L vs. 225, I dont carry much (essentials = phone, key case, chanel snap button card case, a very small leather coin pouch for lipstick and hair tie)... I can tell you that while M/L carries my essentials named above without any stretching or issue and can still fit some very small items or a few pieces of paper folded up or something like that. The 225 however, can fit everything that M/L can fit, plus a pair of typical (not those crazy oversized ones) sunglasses in soft pouch OR the small hard case of my foldable rayban wayfarers (See photo attached).

I attached photos of me wearing my reissue 225 vs. rectangular mini vs. M/L worn cross body, shoulder carry and hand carried. You can see how they look proportionally against my frame from size perspective. I thought the way it "look" size wise is comparable to the rectangular mini because if you don't look at them side by side and just look at the 225, you will simply call it a small cross body bag. :smile: It does hang slightly high on me but I sort of like that because I don't like the bag hanging too low because it bounces all over the place and for a small bag (especially for travel or when I run around) I want it to be hassle free and close to my body.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Folding Raybans:
Foldable Rayban.JPG

Black reissue = 225 size; Blue chevron = M/L; chevron pink/rose gold pink = rectangular mini size.

cross body/shoulder carry:
reissue 225_resized.jpg reissue 225_resized2.jpg Blue chevron at work.jpg 20170214_204919.jpg

Hand held - Like a clutch:
reissue 225 resized3.jpg iHeartPinkie.jpg Blue chevron theory dress.jpg

From my perspective, my reissue 225 serves perfectly the purpose of a small casual cross body black bag that one would wear with jeans, shorts in the summer, etc. Basically, I felt that with my reissue 225, I don't have a need to get a rectangular mini because I feel that the 225 can serve that purpose (though obviously it's bigger than the rectangular mini - it doesn't "look" that much bigger though IMO). But of course I still "needed" rectangular minis :lol: That said, I felt that the reissue 226 is PERFECT size for a work bag or day to day bag when you need to carry more than your essentials but don't want things to swim around (I feel the jumbo looks overwhelming). It's between the timeless classic M/L and Jumbo. I always feel that M/L is perfect but would be great with JUST a tiny bit of space, while the jumbo is WAY too big. the 226 is right between the 2 and for me it would be the perfect work bag/everyday bag size. though I have no problem with M/L since I don't carry much with me to be honest. IMO, if you want a casual small cross body bag that's great for running errands and/or travel, 225 is very versatile (another plus for travel purpose is that while it's classic it's not flashy without the cc logo calling unwanted attention to yourself). Holding it by the chain itself when dressed up/for going out is nice and easy because it's less "boxy" than M/L or rectangular mini which made it easier to hold as a small clutch with chain tucked in, and I think the softer distressed calf texture makes it so sophisticated.

Between the M/L vs. 225, I dont carry much (essentials = phone, key case, chanel snap button card case, a very small leather coin pouch for lipstick and hair tie)... I can tell you that while M/L carries my essentials named above without any stretching or issue and can still fit some very small items or a few pieces of paper folded up or something like that. The 225 however, can fit everything that M/L can fit, plus a pair of typical (not those crazy oversized ones) sunglasses in soft pouch OR the small hard case of my foldable rayban wayfarers (See photo attached).

I attached photos of me wearing my reissue 225 vs. rectangular mini vs. M/L worn cross body, shoulder carry and hand carried. You can see how they look proportionally against my frame from size perspective. I thought the way it "look" size wise is comparable to the rectangular mini because if you don't look at them side by side and just look at the 225, you will simply call it a small cross body bag. :smile: It does hang slightly high on me but I sort of like that because I don't like the bag hanging too low because it bounces all over the place and for a small bag (especially for travel or when I run around) I want it to be hassle free and close to my body.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Folding Raybans:
View attachment 3623673

Black reissue = 225 size; Blue chevron = M/L; chevron pink/rose gold pink = rectangular mini size.

cross body/shoulder carry:
View attachment 3623674 View attachment 3623675 View attachment 3623677 View attachment 3623678

Hand held - Like a clutch:
View attachment 3623676 View attachment 3623680 View attachment 3623683

Out of all three, I love your reissue 225 size! So chic!

@ Vanana

Oh, my. You were beyond helpful... I'm grateful for all your comparison photos and you are such a stylish lady! :flowers::heart: Thank you.

I think I will sleep on it and not rush into my decision. The 225 won't fit all my essentials + extra room for a small juice box or bottle of water (neither does my M/L). It's just one of those things...I like my daily bags to have that extra.

I may have to live with the fact that no proportionate (on me, I'm 5'2") Chanel classic can actually serve as my daily bag, nor without straining my shoulders. :amuse: