What Bag for Networking?

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Hey everyone! So I need some advice. I am going to a networking event tomorrow at 6PM, for small business owners and am having trouble deciding on a bag!

I have already ruled out anything that is monogrammed, but do you think that an ultra lux bag be totally inappropriate?

Here are the bags I am considering:
A LV yellow epi bag (don't know the style but is like the speedy, its a splash of color that isn't cheap looking)

Black Leather Kooba bag with antique brass studs (simple but will make me look like im put together with a flair of style)

Prada Saddle Bag (saddle color, always get compliments on it but is clearly not new)

Black Botkier Fringe Morgan Satchel (stylish but not too out there)

LV red vernis tote (this is monogrammed, but not too obvious, will give a splash of color)

I have no idea what I am wearing...the outfit depends on the bag!

What kind of business do you have? Are these people peers or people of a different stature that you need to impress? unless your business is fashion or involves luxury goods I think looking pulled together is all that matters. Simple and not instantly identifiable might be good as people occasionally get negative responses to their designer bags.

What kind of business do you have? Are these people peers or people of a different stature that you need to impress? unless your business is fashion or involves luxury goods I think looking pulled together is all that matters. Simple and not instantly identifiable might be good as people occasionally get negative responses to their designer bags.

Great reply. Make sure your business card holder is nice. :biggrin: