what bag DID you want, but don't want any longer?

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
i tried to search to see if this had already been discussed, but admittedly i am awful at searches. please delete/direct me to the other thread if this is the case.

but anyways: what bag did you used to obsess over, pine, and love before you realized you didn't want it. maybe you saw it IRL and it wasn't what you thought? or just got over it. tell me, i'm curious!

i'll start (i have tons :P)
some that i can think of right now:

(-) Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAM (that's the name, right?)
(-) Lady Dior: beautiful, but not my thing
(-) Marc Jacobs has alot.. some i can think of: Elise, Rio, and Westside
(-) and... i think i might be getting over my absolute NEED for a Chanel classic flap?!? i mean, i adore them still, think they're beautiful... but think if i ever had the $$$ would much rather get a Lanvin Happy

who else???

:lol: i have a very odd image in my head, however, i am sure your rear is not nearly as large as the one i've imagined!

LOL

I cant really answer because every day on tpf i see bags and I'm like " wow!! im saving up! in a few months it will be in my closet:yahoo:" and then i see another bag and change my mind.
What i really want now and i dont think ill change my my mind is a carre Hermes.

ha, I am having hard time picking up my own Christmas Present from DH as I am trying to pick THE bag I will truely truly love and will not sit in the closet, KWIM?
I have bought around 50 bags in the last 2 years and so far only FEW works out :yes:

LOL

I cant really answer because every day on tpf i see bags and I'm like " wow!! im saving up! in a few months it will be in my closet:yahoo:" and then i see another bag and change my mind.
What i really want now and i dont think ill change my my mind is a carre Hermes.

i agree! :biggrin:

anyway, i've 2, recently...

- Alexander Wang Diego/Rocco. realized the designs are just too 'it' for me. add the quality issues.

- Chloe Paraty. only bec i couldn't find the color i want - at euro price!

- LV Galliera
- LV Trevi
- Marc Jacobs Stam
- Chanel Classic Flap (for now, only because at my age, I don't think I can honestly use it often, so it'd be sitting in my closet most of the time)

Oh, for a very long time I wanted a Mulberry Bayswater or Rosemary. Trouble is the oak-Darwin leather makes rain spots permanent and I live in a part of the country where it rains or snows nearly every day. It would be a very impractical bag for me. What's more, in the last couple years Mulberry's leathers and worksmanship have taken a plunge while the prices have gone up. I've found satisfaction instead with a vintage Coach bag off ebay. The leather is beautiful and I'm not afraid of getting caught in the rain.

Great thread -

Prada pushlock tote (on saks website now iirc), another Prada hobo (don't need), vintage Chanel bag (don't need), a new style of MJ Paradise bag don't know the name, Chloe Paddington hobo, CC Skye Lady Bag (too big unfortunately), MbyMJ Saddlery Sophie...just to name a new.

There's more but that's what I came up with thus far.

Louis Vuitton monogram.. ugh Paris Hilton definitely ruined it for me :P... but my tastes have changed and I'm now into more subtle bags, like Celine handbags

Love this thread!

Just a few..and I should preface this list by saying that I still think these bags are all absolutely gorgeous - it's simply that I don't feel as though I will somehow lapse into an irreversible arm candy coma if I don't get my hands on them anymore:

- YSL Easy, Downtown, Roady
- Chloe Medium Paraty (I still want one a brick red one pretty badly, though)
- Balenciaga Courier
- LV Neverfull in Damier Ebene
- Chloe Betty Hobo
- Balenciaga Mini Mini Coin Purses