What are your thoughts on wearing a watch with a cocktail dress?

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Hi all,

What are your thoughts on wearing a watch with a cocktail dress? What do you think about wearing ones with leather straps, specifically? If so, what are the "rules" with respect to the colour of the leather strap? Should it match your clutch/handbag? I've worn all-metal ones with cocktail dresses before so not much thinking was involved when it came to matching. This is my first time with a watch with a leather strap/straps though.

Thoughts? TIA!

Junkenpo

CHOOSE KINDNESS
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
IN THE MOMENT
As long as the metal matches my jewelry and the leather color is complementary to my outfit, I'd probably treat it like any other leather bangle/bracelet accessory.

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
As long as the metal matches my jewelry and the leather color is complementary to my outfit, I'd probably treat it like any other leather bangle/bracelet accessory.
Thank you! I've found my matching my metal ones pretty simple, but I wasn't sure what was...proper? Appropriate? [Insert better word here, lol] for ones with leather straps. If treating it like any other leather bangle/bracelet accessory, would you say it should coordinate with the outfit of course, but doesn't necessarily have to be the same colour as my bag or shoes?