What are your thoughts on the new Epi Vaneau ..?

momof3boyz

May 7, 2012
Hi Everyone !! I saw this bag on the LV website and wanted to get some feedback . Anyone see it yet in stores ? If so , do you like it ? Is it heavy ? Bulky ? Overall do you think its a nice bag ?
If you did not see this bag in person , share your opinion too !! I will attach a picture of the bag and color I like . I was thinking about purchasing the Cluny , but then saw this :smile: Thank you :smile:
http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/vaneau-epi-015774#M51239

Reactions: craftyiscool
Hi Everyone !! I saw this bag on the LV website and wanted to get some feedback . Anyone see it yet in stores ? If so , do you like it ? Is it heavy ? Bulky ? Overall do you think its a nice bag ?
If you did not see this bag in person , share your opinion too !! I will attach a picture of the bag and color I like . I was thinking about purchasing the Cluny , but then saw this :smile: Thank you :smile:
I saw the Cluny and felt it and loved it in the store. It feels substantial and I love the minimal hardware and the smooth lines, if that makes sense. The Vaneau was just in a case, so I didn't touch it, but it was pretty. It looked a little more structured than the Cluny, with harder lines and more hardware. I prefer the Cluny. I love the little LV on the corner and I like the flap closure a lot. That's my take :smile:

Reactions: momof3boyz
Vaneau and Cluny are definitely very different. Vaneau is a lot more structured, while Cluny has a much softer shape. I love the Cluny in Épi - such a classic shape with understated luxury! :loveeyes:

But the Vaneau would make a great bag too for someone looking for harder lines.

Both lovely bags: you can't go wrong!

I saw vaneau in store but it was black. Meh. Kinda boring to me but the Marine rouge I have not seen in person so it may be more appealing.

I saw the Cluny and felt it and loved it in the store. It feels substantial and I love the minimal hardware and the smooth lines, if that makes sense. The Vaneau was just in a case, so I didn't touch it, but it was pretty. It looked a little more structured than the Cluny, with harder lines and more hardware. I prefer the Cluny. I love the little LV on the corner and I like the flap closure a lot. That's my take :smile:
Thank you for your thoughts !! I love the little LV in the corner too :smile:

Vaneau and Cluny are definitely very different. Vaneau is a lot more structured, while Cluny has a much softer shape. I love the Cluny in Épi - such a classic shape with understated luxury! :loveeyes:

But the Vaneau would make a great bag too for someone looking for harder lines.

Both lovely bags: you can't go wrong!
Thank you for your thoughts ! Thats true , the Cluny does have a much softer shape . I need to take this into consideration as I am going to use the bag as an everyday piece :smile: Did you happen to see the Soufflot ? I assume this one was produced to replace the Brea .

Thank you for the reply ! I can see the Noir being kind of boring as well :smile: May I ask , do you have another Epi bag you prefer ?

I'm not sure. Do you have a store near you to try?

I think it's hard to tell on line without actually seeing a bag. Colors don't always show well etc.

Last edited:
Hi again! OMG, I tried this bag on at the store yesterday and I completely fell in love with it! The design is superb, I love the combination of Epi with the soft leather, it's the perfect size, and I could just go on and on about it! Especially the MArine Rouge colour combo is amazing. I think I might be getting this bag for my birthday next October.