What are your thoughts on tattoos?

I personally do not like them on women, but original, artistic ones on men I do like. I do not like coloured tattoos at all. However, it is your body and you should do what you want.

If I can suggest two things:

1) Draw the tattoo you want on yourself with a fine-tip permanent marker in the place where you are thinking of getting tattooed. Re-draw it everyday so it doesn't fade.

2) Stop watching that 'Ink' show you mentioned for a few weeks and see if, in combination with the drawn-on tattoo, you think you could still live with it everyday.

1) Draw the tattoo you want on yourself with a fine-tip permanent marker in the place where you are thinking of getting tattooed. Re-draw it everyday so it doesn't fade.

What a clever idea. I've been thinking of tats a lot lately but if I get one in a visible place, I can start saying good-bye to my career.

Yeah I also went out last night with some friends for a Halloween party and there were just as many yes and no's!! This is something that would be very personal for me and would have great meaning to me. But it is still a really hard decision and one that I would have to wait a long time to see if I really would want it. I would never regret getting it though because of the meaning behind it for me. I would never regret anything to do with my grandmother.

What a clever idea. I've been thinking of tats a lot lately but if I get one in a visible place, I can start saying good-bye to my career.

My boyfriend and I both did this when we were considering getting tattooed. He got his permanently and I didn't! It helps to draw it on a napkin or something first and use it like a stencil.

We also took photos of each other with the drawings on us (they were in visible places) to get an objective feel as to how our bodies would look once modified.

Here is my two cents on the subject. Personally I think the doves would be beautiful. And because it is a memorial tattoo, I think that you would never really tire of having it.

That being said, I do have 3 tattoos myself, 1 on my back and then 1 on each of my feet. My back piece I had done when I was 18, and I used it as a marking for the end of a very difficult time in my life and of the growth I had done during it. The two on my feet are memorial tattoos for my grandmother and my uncle who based passed away the same year. I don't regret any of my tattoos in the least.

It does sounds silly but I felt that getting my tattoos marked the end of the healing process for me. In a very metaphorical way, the actual process of getting the tattoos, as painful as it was, helped me in finally letting go of all the pain and grief that I had been feeling. And as they all healed, it was "healing" my grief away. Corny, yes, but it was helpful to me.

Just please do your homework if you decide to go through with it. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH! Really be careful about picking the artist, because what could really ruin your tattoo (if you decide to get it), would be to get a crappy design. And also make sure they are certified and clean. I know it sounds really preachy, but it's better to be careful.

Tatoo fan here. I have one on my lower back. It is a falling star that my brother who is an artist (not a tattoo artist) designed. My husband hates tattoos and doesn't want me to get any more but I hope to get my childrens' names written on either side of the star or something else to symbolize them. If it were socially acceptable I'd prob. get more. I like the idea of having symbols that mark events in my life. I esp. love tattoos on men but like I said hubby is dead set against them.

By the way, I got mine on my spine and it didn't hurt much at all, if anything it was just a weird feeling to have something rubbing against your spine. I think the artist squeezing my skin hurt more than the needle. And my belly button piercing hurt way more as well too. My tattoo is about 1 inch wide by 3 inches tall outline only and it took about 25 minutes to do.

I dislike tattoos. They make a person look cluttered to me. When done poorly they look trashy. When done well they look semi-trashy. Just my opinion, if you like them then great.

It does sounds silly but I felt that getting my tattoos marked the end of the healing process for me. In a very metaphorical way, the actual process of getting the tattoos, as painful as it was, helped me in finally letting go of all the pain and grief that I had been feeling. And as they all healed, it was "healing" my grief away. Corny, yes, but it was helpful to me.

That is kind of how I am feeling. I went through so much when she passed, it was so painful, that this tattoo would mark the beginning of the healing and the peace that I feel with her now.

It is still really hard to deal with, but this tattoo may help...I dunno still a lot of thinking/research to do before I actually get one.

I have 5 - left ankle band, 3 on my right calf, and one on my upper back under my neck. I wish I hadn't gotten any of them. Don't get me wrong, tattoos are fun and I enjoyed them at the time, but make sure any future career (and clothing) you might need to wear don't interfere. i can't wear skirts or shorts to work ever because of my tattoos and a low-backed dress is also out.

Big tattoo fan here. I have 3 - currently planning a fourth to get with my mom. I always known that I would grow up and get a tattoo, but they just took a lot of planning. My first is on my ankle, got it at 20. It represents a time of change and transition in my life. My second was at 21, got it with my sister. And my third came at 22. I love all of my pieces dearly - they each represent a part of who I am. They can all easily be covered - and on hot days no one minds my ankle tattoo at work.
If it was up to me, I'd get a half sleeve done, but I worry about jobs.
My boyfriend is Jewish, so he doesn't exactly understand my desire to get tattoos and "change my body". But like I said, they are a part of who I am - and I respect his opinion.

My sister is actually planning a piece dedicated to our family. Her boyfriend's sister has her thai name on her, and her boyfriend is planning on wrist bands in a bracelet that his father gave him.

I dislike tattoos. They make a person look cluttered to me. When done poorly they look trashy. When done well they look semi-trashy. Just my opinion, if you like them then great.

i guess im trashy then! :wlae:
2007275135358.jpg

200636233620.jpg

200713235242.jpg

200613394135.jpg

When I was younger (I'm 48 now) not too many woman had them. If it was popular then I know I would of gotten 1 (or 2). When I was in my 30's
s it started getting popular but my husband absolutly hates them on woman so I didn't get one. Now at this point in my life I could care less. To me its more of a phase and a style thats popular. Maybe I'm completely wrong but thats what it seems to be to me. Now I wouldn't want one at all because of the fact that everyone has one. I can understand though that some people want them as they have a special meaning. I personally think its kind of sexy to have a small one but I'm beyond that stage at this point in my life.