what are your thoughts between e/w and the classic medium flap?

jadecee, you've totally sold me on the merits of the e/w in just one post!

I've noticed that I'm more likely to wear classic Chanel as an evening/after-work bag anyway (sometimes feel too self-conscious/unkempt to wear a classic flap in the daytime, depending on my schedule that day), and your description makes perfect sense to me. I'm definitely going to consider it for my next bag!

As someone with chronic back problems, 5 fusions and still plagued with thoracic problems, the jumbo is a killer bag. I have a 227 2005 reissue and a jumbo violet and they are treasures, but if I could magically turn them into a 226 and a medium, respectively, I would.

My first Chanel was an east/west which I loved. It was extremely lightweight, easy to get in and out of, and had the adjustable chain. I did eventually sell it to fund a medium classic flap. All the flaps and pockets make it a little less convenient to use, and it is significantly heavier with the extra materials and double chain. However, I don't regret my decision because the medium flap is the ultimate in classic handbags, and as others have stated the proportions are more pleasing to me. Maybe I'm biased because of the price difference but it also seems like a more substantial bag.

I debated between the e/w and the medium classic, and I ended up getting the medium classic. I liked the proportions on me better, plus I preferred the double chain and double flap. It's also such a classic.

Even though the medium costs more than the e/w, I didn't want to spend all that money on an e/w only to wish I had the medium instead.

After reading it all, i said that i had decided to get the e/w but guess what i placed an order for just now?
i got the medium flap instead.

i still think that the e/w is sooo pretty and its my next bag on the list, not now definately!! i am banning myself from buying anything else.

I hope that the medium flap is as functional as it looks and i hope that i wun ever regret paying an addition 1k for it rather than the e/w...... because i had sooo wanted an east west!

But i also took in the comments about it being more suitable as an evening bag.

i saw soooo many pretty bags on you ladies and i am so envious and am wishing so hard that i have everything too! haha i am insatiable!

i will post up pics the moment i get my bag.... its gonna take 5 days.

i can't wait!

ps, thank you all for the very very helpful replies and for bringing me into the chanel craze! ( tho i wish i know the brand earlier )

:smile:

this is definitely helpful...
i ordered the medium caviar black bag..and after reading the post..i wonder if i should get the e/w instead bc i can change the lenght of the chaina nd i can tuckit in to be a clutch correct? both are soo cute..what should i do?!!!
I have today to decide before the price goes up!!

both are great! You can save about $600 if you get the e/w. The med. classic has some more detailing like the back pocket, double chain strap, and the compartments inside. Here is another pic for comparison. Im a fan of both. The E/W has a modern look to it.

47b7d730b3127ccebc54d1adc05f00000026108AZMXDdw2asp

both are great! You can save about $600 if you get the e/w. The med. classic has some more detailing like the back pocket, double chain strap, and the compartments inside. Here is another pic for comparison. Im a fan of both. The E/W has a modern look to it.

47b7d730b3127ccebc54d1adc05f00000026108AZMXDdw2asp

How pretty!

alot of people have been saying about the proportion of the e/w which i have no idea but when i see the bag like this, i actually like the e/w more.. and yes, it does look younger too!

sometimes when i see people wearing the e/w , i tot that it should look better if its a little bigger but sometimes, on some others, it look so perfect!

i love both, but i find myself more drawn to the e/w nowadays-- the shape is more appealing to me and i think it looks more modern/younger, yet still incredibly classic. I also like how you can convert it to a clutch, and that little adjustable chain strap is so cute and functional!