What are your thoughts about this bag.....

cverhoff

Aug 7, 2006
This is the only new Legacy bag that I really like. What are your thoughts? Do you like the mix of suede and patent? Anyone who has this style, is it roomy? Sit up on its own? I'm thinking about splurging on this baby but I want my Coach girls' opinions first....:yes: TIA!!!;)

12708_b4ch_a0_front

It is very pretty IRL - and the back is patent, which helps with the suede wear issue. I am not sure if it will stand up on its own, but it is a nice medium sized shoulder bag. :tup:

I like this bag as well, but I am terrified in carrying anything suede. But, the suede is a dark color, so maybe it won't be too much of an issue as a light color? And with the back being patent will help as well...

I know the suede is a little scary but the suede is only on the top flap and front pockets. I was thinking I would be ok since the back/bottom is patent. I was also going to spray it with ?? shining monkey or Apple protectant? That should help. I just think the suede/patent looks so rich together especially in the brown color.

Is this the same size as the medium flap?? If so, I personally find it too small and thin. If it's larger, I would actually love it. I don't really buy suede anymore after a few bad experiences and also a closet full of those bags I did end up keeping (I used to buy a lot of suede). My opinion is that darker suede holds up much better, though, and you really won't see the dirt so much on this one. I would take the risk for a dark suede bag, and just realize suede is definitely fragile so you have to use it accordingly. I didn't realize the back was patent...that will definitely help the wear issue, and thank goodness for patent and not garcia in brown or black! I would totally buy this one!

I would use Shining Monkey on suede. I use this on my Tylie suede bags, and they have held up very well. I used to use Scotchgard, but it wasn't nearly as good. I think S.M. is a bit better than Apple.

I would use Shining Monkey on suede. I use this on my Tylie suede bags, and they have held up very well. I used to use Scotchgard, but it wasn't nearly as good. I think S.M. is a bit better than Apple.

THANK YOU!!!:yes: I love this bag style just hate the garcia leather! I really like it in suede/patent, though. Would LOVE it in ALL patent but the suede actually gives it a little character. I'll definitely pick up some SM if I get her. I'm still going back and forth about it. The size is actually perfect for me. I would've liked it to be a bit deeper like 4 or 5 inches instead of 3 but it will still work for me. I'll keep you posted!:graucho:

Thanks everyone for the opinions! It sounds like most of you like the bag just not the suede. LOL If this was ALL suede, I would not even consider it but since most of the bag is patent (especially in the critcal areas...back of the bag, corners, bottom) I think it will hold up fine. I'm not too hard on my bags. :P

This bag is TDF IRL!! I was SO close to buying it. The only reason that I didn't get it is that I live in Vancouver where it rains for 95% of the fall and winter so that bag would get destroyed almost immediately. I am still thinking of getting it for a "special occasion" or "going out" bag that I would only use when I would be mostly indoors.

I think it's having an identity crisis...haha. It's weird though how the top and pockets are suede and everything else is patent. I'm not sure I care for bags that aren't consistent with materials.