What are your style resolutions for next year?

Caribeandiva

Loves glamour
O.G.
Oct 2, 2008
Mine is to try more trends. I tend to be leery of trying ANY new trend but I realize they're not all bad. I won't spend a lot of money on them of course.

What about you?

I know I'd like to concentrate on getting some small leather goods - it's hard when 2 or three can add up to the cost of one bag. But right now, I'm thinking I'd like a Multicolour Zippy, a Pochette Cles and Makeup Bag in the Damier Azur print. I'm also looking at getting another wallet - maybe a Faded Aluminum MBMJ or Spend/Splurge RM wallet in Black; just for bags that don't really go with brown.

Other than that, I'd like to splurge on a pair of Ron Ron's (not in black though; I saw some maverick cobalt suede-ish ones that had escaped down to the bag department in Holts during that Gift Card Event not too long ago, and fell madly in love) and some nicer costume jewellrey - doesn't have to be Chanel, but maybe a bit more HE than like, House of Harlow 1960 and KJL. Maybe some nice Alexis Bittar and entry-level Yurman pieces.

And I need more work clothes. Almost done, and I'll eventually have to move on and get a real job (and still no clue what I want to do).

To be more willing to wait and find perfect statement wardrobe pieces that I really love even if they cost more, rather than quickly buying something because it's inexpensive/on sale or the newest trend. I've been trying to make this a style resolution for a while. For the most part I've been sticking to it, and hopefully I'll end up with a well curated closet, like my own little fashion museum full of only things that I love and fit my personal style. :hbeat:

Color! Cobalts, reds, greens and yellows especially. Tops, dresses, shoes, pants...all of it. I am obsessed with color right now.

Me, too. For so long, all I have worn is black, and now I am trying to incorporate color into my wardrobe. I am not necessarily interested in bright-brights, but more any color at all. For example, not every blazer or cardi I own must be black! I just bought a dusty rose blazeer, which works really well with blue and grey, so it is a start.

For 2012: Most importantly, shop from my closet! I have so many lovely things, with tags, just really need to get everything out and have a good overhaul. Need to mix and match more than buying one off outfits. I also want to avoid shopping at malls with no purpose then picking up say cheaper teeshirts just for the sake of it, wearing more plain colors then accessorizing rather than something overly patterned.

For me, it would probably be to focus on quality over quantity. I'm a sucker for deals and sales, meaning i end up with a lot of cheap stuff that i don't end up wearing. I noticed that my favourite pieces are my more expensive ones so i'm gonna try and focus on buying better quality items(even if it means fewer) instead of trying to buy as many cheap items as possible

Great thread!!:flowers:

One: (I have a couple:P) Fall in love with black again. I have a closet full of great black pieces. I need to start wearing them again!!

Two: Invest in more tops. I have boring tops like basics tees and shirts, but I need "fun" colourful tops.

Three: NO MORE SWEATERS!!!!! I have over a hundred:shame:its nuts and I need to stop buying them!!!!

Four: Enjoy what you have and wear it no matter what the occasion! I like to wear dressier clothing. I have to accept that I like that style.

Five: Start wearing a different purse everyday. I tend to wear the same purse until I have to change it. I have way too many purses to wear the same thing over and over again!

Thank you for letting me share!:flowers:I hope that I follow this in 2012!:P

Buy classsic pieces that last a long time
I agree with closet shopping and to "make it work"
I was wrapping gifts and discovered different pieces of brand new clothing that I've tucked somewhere and completely forgotten about! Shameful! ESP that dh closet hasn't changed a bit for the last 3 years!