What are your simple little pleasures in life?

Jeanna

Feb 5, 2006
What little everyday things make you happy for some odd reason? List 5 off the top of your head.

Mine are:
- spreading cream cheese
- light dimmers
- crisp morning air
- the way caramel apple pops form to your mouth
- stapling, hole punching, office supplies in general

playing with my dogs and birds
laying my head down on my pillow after a long hard day
first cup of coffee in the morning
catching up with my husband at the end of the day
when laying in bed seeing the moon shine through the skylight over the bed

• Hugs from my son.
  • Walking the dog.
  • Getting up earlier than the rest of the family in the morning, enjoying a cup of coffee and surfing the net.
  • A fire in the fireplace.
  • My orchids that are blooming now, working in the garden.
  • Being in the mountains or near the ocean.

I woke up this morning and felt one of the most simple life pleasures... I looked out the window, saw a gorgeous day, and just felt happy.

- Finishing a good workout and enjoying the energy I get from it
- The first cup of coffee in the morning
- When I'm at work and the clock on my computer turns to 5:00 p.m.
- Coming home and giving my bf a kiss and talking about our days
- Lying on the sofa watching TV with the bf, both of my cats with me, one on my stomach, the other on my legs

- My bunny train! (I have two doting bunnies, the first one thinks I'm his mommy so he follows me everywhere..and the second is in love with the one following me...so he follows him! haha..I call it the "bunny train" whenever I am walking around the house!)
- Backrubs from my BF
- My 830PM phonecall from my BF
- Talking to my mom
- A Good hair day! haha

i just have one.... every day when i wake up and get home from work, im just glad to see my turtle swimming around in his tank - this means .... he's still alive! :biggrin: so that just makes everything just a little better!

Helen - :lol: :lol: :lol: That is so funny about your turtles!

Mine are: my two JRT puppies (well, they're 4 and 5 years old) Maybe I will post a picture here.

And the other absolute indulgence I have is Lush products. They are animal testing free bath products and highly addictive!!!!

Here's a picture of my pooches:

Attachments

• andre.JPG
    andre.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Mousch.jpg
    Mousch.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 34
How I feel after a great workout...(not a simple pleasure..more of an accomplishment)

Cuddled up with my Min pin Violet, lap top on my lap, Lifetime on the tv and a cosmo on my bedside table...BLISS

A good day shopping

Getting into my skinny jeans

Eating Mexican food

hanging out with my best friends ...just hanging out!

BalenciagaLove said:
Helen - :lol: :lol: :lol: That is so funny about your turtles!

Mine are: my two JRT puppies (well, they're 4 and 5 years old) Maybe I will post a picture here.

And the other absolute indulgence I have is Lush products. They are animal testing free bath products and highly addictive!!!!

Here's a picture of my pooches:
They ar absolutely adorable!!!!:love:

They are adorable! We have a jrt, he's about 1 year old (we think). We rescued him from a neighbor who left him tied outside with a big dog all day and night with no shelter! That makes me SOOO MAD!! Ok, rant over... He is such a happy guy now. We also have a min pin who is the "old lady" of the house (she's almost 12). She even acts like an old lady- cranky & finicky (lol).

Zoomom-

It's so refreshing to hear people rescuing them. So many people don't have the patience to train them and end up abandoning them or even worse, hurting them. I absolutely love JRT's. When I retire, one of the things I'd like to do is have a JRT rescue. They are the best dogs ever! Does yours have any weird idiosyncracies?

I just love dogs of all kinds!