what are your real names?

star3777 said:
Yes but I am telling you , my name is not common and years ago I used that as my user name on E-bay...people are smart, i don't want to f--k around.

Are you afraid someone is going to stalk you? Don't be offended I'm just curious.

I just like to put faces with names (code or otherwise). Heck I have a link to my website in my profile so you ladies say "Hi!" if you recognize me around town somewhere!:biggrin:

edsbgrl said:
Are you afraid someone is going to stalk you? Don't be offended I'm just curious.

I just like to put faces with names (code or otherwise). Heck I have a link to my website in my profile so you ladies say "Hi!" if you recognize me around town somewhere!:biggrin:

So far there have been threads posted asking for our pictures, pet names, occupations of ourselves, of our spouses and now our real names in reality. I am a private person from a distinguished private family, I am unwilling to disclose information like this, believe me I am not offended. I am being wise. 9 hackers attempted to infiltrate my computer last night.

I'll share!
My name is Elise Noelle, no hyphen. Technically they're separate, but they just got stuck together thanks to some nurse when I was born. I like them - they're very French :biggrin:

I love the name Noelle! I want to name my future daughter either Emma or Noelle.

xikry5talix = xi krystal ix = krystal! you can kind of see it right? lol

and my middle name is sylvia

star3777 said:
Yes but I am telling you , my name is not common and years ago I used that as my user name on E-bay...people are smart, i don't want to f--k around.

O.K, I confess....
1.I bought The chanel 2.55 off E-bay( receipt from Hershleifers,new Jersey) I posted that I decided to choose neither size and that I was not going to buy it. I knew I was about to make a purchase so I through my imaginary stocker off. Next night I bought the Baby paddington in Ivory (receipt from Harvey Nichols,UK), so we will all know what the heck the size will look like! 3. Could not wait anymore for Whiskey from NM cuz I am leaving Country shortly so I bought off EBAY and will cancel NM(receipt fromNM inTexas). I was overcharged on all three, but I need the customs bill to prove I already payed the taxes on the bags when I travel....to many problems waiting for a bag and travelling. The experience was stressful. I will stick to my SA's as first choice when looking for special bags, but I couldn't find all three anywhere and I searched! When I receive all, I Will post them! I already received the 2.55, It's gorg! The customs taxes to Canada for that bag was...$800.00 Canadian.For real - that was the stress, my re-issue was a fortune.

What color 2.55 reissue did you get? Forgive if you posted it earlier, but I did't see???

star3777 said:
So far there have been threads posted asking for our pictures, pet names, occupations of ourselves, of our spouses and now our real names in reality. I am a private person from a distinguished private family, I am unwilling to disclose information like this, believe me I am not offended. I am being wise. 9 hackers attempted to infiltrate my computer last night.

Maybe, the next time you make the informed decision not to post your personal information -- you skip the thread in its entirety. Some people might find it offensive that you post something to the effect of (and I generalize) "I have a unique name, and I am not going to tell you what it is because you are all stalkers." And I highly doubt the "9 hackers" you refer to have anything to do with this site.

kam said:
Maybe, the next time you make the informed decision not to post your personal information -- you skip the thread in its entirety. Some people might find it offensive that you post something to the effect of (and I generalize) "I have a unique name, and I am not going to tell you what it is because you are all stalkers." And I highly doubt the "9 hackers" you refer to have anything to do with this site.

I agree.

kam said:

Maybe, if you were both members long enough you would have observed my other posts with my concerns regarding this. I have never accused anyone at the forum of stalking me!,you are distorting my post as that was a statement in jest regarding my own paranoid thoughts regarding all of the other people that are not MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM OBSERVING US! My first post in this thread was to question was why so much information is bieng given and question my own fears? My next posts answered why I would not post my name because it would be obvious who I was to anybody reading this forum and then E-bay if I chose to bid on something. Have you ever heard of people stealing identities! It happened to a member of my family and has taken YEARS TO SORT OUT! I would suggest that you don't advise members at the forum to skip threads, if your offended due to your own distortions, skip my posts. I am not sorry for something I did not acuse anyone here at the forum of, I was explaining my own reasons why I am not into the information game AFTER my first post in response to other questions to me. And for that matter, I REGULARLY POST and did SKIP all of the other information posts but felt comfortable enough by this one to state " I don't understand these threads". This is an open forum, don't tell me to skip a thread. I post enough of my bags to wonder about these things here. We have had first hand criminal experience at the forum with scammers outside of this forum, I have every right to question this - playing devils advocate in this thread.

kam said:

KAM, Maybe you should read the thread fom the start again and then state "AND I DISTORT" above in your statement not "AND I GENERALIZE", as that is not what you did.

^^ Star...I agree with you. I mean...I answered the thread but I have no problem with you stating your opinion. Why is your opinion here any different than disagreeing in a conversation with friends? Must you keep your mouth shut at all times with your friends if you don't agree with them? Also, maybe you are raising valid issues for someone who hadn't thought it all through.

We all need a devil's advocate....and NOT just when trying to decide if we should shell out an extra grand for a new bag!

star3777 said:
Maybe, if you were both members long enough you would have observed my other posts with my concerns regarding this. <<snip>> We have had first hand criminal experience at the forum with scammers outside of this forum, I have every right to question this - playing devils advocate in this thread.

Star, for what it's worth, I am behind you 100%. (((hugs)))

star3777 said:
I would suggest that you don't advise members at the forum to skip threads,......

Why not?????......gotta love free speech!:biggrin:

star3777 said:
I post enough of my bags to wonder about these things here.

I think we can wonder, comment and speak our minds without having posted bags.

star3777 said:
O.K, I confess....
1.I bought The chanel 2.55 off E-bay( receipt from Hershleifers,new Jersey) I posted that I decided to choose neither size and that I was not going to buy it. I knew I was about to make a purchase so I through my imaginary stocker off.

:weird: "Imaginary stalker"????

I'm not picking on you but I can see how some of things you've said have gotten under other people's skin. I think there's difference between caution and being parinoid, which you've admitted you are.

I'll give you a situation that happened on another forum I'm a member of:
For years there was a girl who claimed all these things about herself. She was very happily married to a doctor, lived in an upscale neighborhood, pretty much had it all. Never posted pics of herself. She was a member of the forum for years and made friends with several of the people at the forum. Deep friendships were built.........Fast forward years later, she tells people on the forum she's pregnant with her first child!!!! People sent gifts to her address, congratulated her etc. Come to find out she had raised some suspicsions of a few friends she had made b/c she claimed she was 4wks preg. but posted a u/s pic of a fetus much older than what hers should have looked like. Its turns out everything she had stated about herself for all those years was a complete lie! So many people got hurt b/c of that, some have never come back to that forum. This was a forum much like this one where a bunch of women (and a few men) came to talk about life, pop culture, shopping you name it. And several of them got close to one another via the forum. Because of what happened most everyone on that forum refuses to talk to people who don't at least post a self pic in their avitar.

I'm not saying that you should give any info you don't want to give but try to understand other people's points of view on this issue.

star3777 said:
Maybe, if you were both members long enough you would have observed my other posts with my concerns regarding this. I have never accused anyone at the forum of stalking me!,you are distorting my post as that was a statement in jest regarding my own paranoid thoughts regarding all of the other people that are not MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM OBSERVING US! My first post in this thread was to question was why so much information is bieng given and question my own fears? My next posts answered why I would not post my name because it would be obvious who I was to anybody reading this forum and then E-bay if I chose to bid on something. Have you ever heard of people stealing identities! It happened to a member of my family and has taken YEARS TO SORT OUT! I would suggest that you don't advise members at the forum to skip threads, if your offended due to your own distortions, skip my posts. I am not sorry for something I did not acuse anyone here at the forum of, I was explaining my own reasons why I am not into the information game AFTER my first post in response to other questions to me. And for that matter, I REGULARLY POST and did SKIP all of the other information posts but felt comfortable enough by this one to state " I don't understand these threads". This is an open forum, don't tell me to skip a thread. I post enough of my bags to wonder about these things here. We have had first hand criminal experience at the forum with scammers outside of this forum, I have every right to question this - playing devils advocate in this thread.

A. I have never heard of anyone having their identity stolen from giving out their FIRST name, or their dog’s name. But if you think that is possible, that is your own right (and your own comfort zone). BUT it was an issue you brought to the forefront by stating you were being "wise" by not posting your FIRST name or your DOGS names. Insinuating that anyone who decided to post such private information was being unwise.

B. You said, and I directly quote -- "I am a private person from a distinguished private family....” While the first statement is innocuous, the second "distinguished private family" -- is making an insinuation. Why is it relevant? What were you trying to say? That only the hoi polloi would give out their first name?

C. When I say "to the effect of" and that "I generalize" that means that I am not directly quoting you. I was trying to make a point that you were coming across as accusatory.

D. If you were not trying to make a vague accusation why did you write that you were "9 hackers attempted to infiltrate my computer last night" in response to edsbgrl's post?

E. I have absolutely no problem with you playing devils advocate. And I have no problem with you giving your opinion. But if your opinion is that you are being "wise" for not posting the information re: the very SUBJECT of the thread - you should be prepared for people to be offended. Especially after they have already posted that information.

Wow, so much to respond to . And I have little time. I will respond tonight after my dinner, rolling stones concert. Hope you don't think I am a liar cuz Every second I get to come back to this computer, I will.
You certainly have a liberal interpretation of what I originally posted.

Thanks Issmom, Bjara, and those PMing me for your support.