What are your opinions on an SF bag in Pompei color?

TalkPurse

O.G.
Sep 11, 2010
I am a dummy when it comes to latest fashion trends. When I want a new handbag, I always go for something that I can use for a long time (8+ years) and in either black or brown.

Now I am in love with a handbag in Pompei color.

What are your opinions on Pompei? Do you think I can use a bag in this color for 8+ years and all year round?

Here is an example of Pompei - an orange-red. Red is a basic year round color. Are orange based reds good with your complexion? That is the question. I cannot wear orange-reds, I have to stick with blue-red.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pompeiferr.jpg
    pompeiferr.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 232
This bag is fabulous! i've seen it in other colors, but not this "Pompei" color. i jumped back out of bed and went to the computer (after reading your inquiry on my phone) to answer this. My first response when my eyes popped out over the bag AND color was to say: Buy It! Buy It!

Then, i took a moment to read your real message. And, i must say don't get it. whilst i have no eye for color and thus always buy black, my dearest sister is a color artist! a true genius. she instructed me 15 years ago to purchase only the warmer reds and other warm colors and thus my entire wardrobe would always match. can't make a mistake, she'd say, with two warms from any color. she just won't allow me to make a 'cool' color purchase, even in accessories. so, that is my advice to you: don't purchase a 'warm' bag, no matter how fabulous, if your colors are cool. i have one girlfriend that won't even get a warm sofa, because she demands to look good sitting on a 'cool' toned sofa! and you know, she's right :smile:

gorgeous bag. fabulous bag. sheesh!

:shame: As I mentioned in my original post, I'm a dummy when it comes to fashion. Could you give me samples of 'cool' colors? I'm guessing blue is one of them?

My wardrobes are mostly brown, gray, black, orange (similar to the orange you've seen on Hermes bags), and green. I know I will never own an Hermes bag so I'm looking for something similar.

This is getting complicated... maybe I should just stay with brown or black.
thinkin.gif

Hey, maybe this will be the initial step out of your comfort zone. I never bought anything green before until I bought my green Miu Miu bag. Everybody (and myself included) loves it! Before that all my bags were neutral coloured.

Truly, i have no eye for color and stick to mostly neutrals myself. But this is how my sister 'the artist' tried to show me the difference in warms and cools.

she said: "warms look like they are born from the sun, while cools look as if they reside in your freezer." she also is quick to admit even 'she' has a problem with orange. she complains that orange is difficult because the 'true orange' that you'd think is warm, is often not warm, but cool.

we were in a store with a huge table of t-shirts with every shade of every color imaginable. she draped me around the neck with each, in front of a mirror so i could see exactly what she meant when she told me "you can't wear cool colors!"

if you look at a color wheel in an art supply store, you can clearly see the blue side of the red family as it gradually fades into the warmer reds heading toward yellow... and so forth around the wheel.

and, i never will get it right myself. but she tried.

Thank you rracla and jburgh!! Looks like I have warm skin tones. I think Pompei would work fine with my skin tones. If not, my sister does not mind to have a bright color handbag to cheer her up during dark/grey season in Pacific NW :smile:.