What are your favorite resorts?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sometimes a trip is all about the resort itself. Where is the best place you have ever stayed - service/facility/etc?

For me, these little places were exceptional:

Grove Park Inn - Asheville
    Mansion on Forsythe - Savannah, GA
    Meson Sacristia de la Compania, Puebla, Mexico

2. I've only been to 3 resorts in my life.

The best was by far Greensprings Plantation in Williamsburg, VA. The room we had was the best darn rented room I've ever, ever had for travel; spacious everything- two bathrooms, two bedrooms with a "master" bedroom, a living room, a balcony, etc. And, the resort had relatively nice accomodations like a relatively large pool, a ping pong table, and with large green lawns.

3. i love me some disney world resort lol even the cheaper ones are nice i love the all star movies

4. The Anantara Golden Triangle in northern Thailand. Beautiful, amazing service, great food and incredibly peaceful-plus elephants!

5. I'm confused about what a resort really is. How does is differ from a 5 star hotel vid pools and all the things you'll ever need. Ski resorts?

6. Generally, a hotel has the basics - rooms, restaurant, business center, etc. . .
    a resort will also offer recreational activities such as a spa, tennis court, golf, etc. . .

7. ^i've been to amanjena which was gorgeous, and i'm going to amansara soon which i'm really looking forward to, can't wait to see angkor wat :nuts:

8. Sandals, St Lucia
    Ritz Carlton, Maui
    soon to visit Bucuti Beach, Aruba :yahoo:

9. Oh WOW!

I really want to see Angkor Wat too! I think I will go next year....