What are your favorite fashion blogs?

Just a thought - I would try to end each blog entry on a positive note - a lesson learned, what's really important, a little anecdote that's a diversion from the serious, a cute or funny pic, etc. When I look at a style blog, I do it to make me feel better. If the blogger is unhappy, I get unhappy too. It's contagious. So think about what overall effect you want to have on the reader.

This is just my opinion. Others mught feel differently.
You make a very good point and I agree with you. I feel like being honest with everyone and just putting it out there is a place to start. I will remember your suggestion. Thank you......and Happy Thanksgiving!

Which fashion blogs are not “gifted” items? Are there any that are not riddled with product placement?

I don't mean the blogs that admit they receive stuff for free and that they are paid… I mean bloggers who don't have a team of marketers behind them.

If anyone knows of some, I'd love to know the names and follow them! :yes:

Anyone else not loving Garance Dore as much?

I want to read Garance, not all these girls she hired who have nothing interesting for me to click on.

I wish I could see who the author is before clicking on the rest of her links. Sometimes, I don't click on anything, because I assume it will be on of her hired girls.

Am I the only one who thinks her blog is too diluted now?

Jayne1, i just clicked on this thread looking for updates and i saw this old post of yours, and can't agree more. Not only is their writing bad and boring, they have completely diluted her brand. There is nothing compelling about her blog now, imho.....

Jayne1, i just clicked on this thread looking for updates and i saw this old post of yours, and can't agree more. Not only is their writing bad and boring, they have completely diluted her brand. There is nothing compelling about her blog now, imho.....

When I first wrote my comment, there were no names attached to the articles, so I would click the link and get annoyed when it was one of Garance's girls.

Now, I see they put their name on the bottom, so I know not to click, but even with that, I find her blog not as interesting. I used to love her so much. I guess there is only so much you can talk about, especially when you get really famous and make famous new friends. You stop being a real person.

i love looking at blogs everyday..so i thought it would be cool to share a list of which fashion blogs everyone looks at..so i'll start first!
1) the sartorialist (of course)
2) the cut- nymag
3) who what wear daily

Who what wear, purseblog, bagaholicboy, snob essentials, bag bliss, bag blog, olivia palermo, beauty authority, coveteur.

Are there any genuine blogs out there anymore? Or just ones full of secret advertising for brands and department stores - sick of many bloggers flogging Nordstroms, J Crew etc, and filling everything with links "buy here". Yes I know that's how they make their money but I'm more interested in the genuine bloggers, not the fake all's all a set up types. I've stopped reading many as they are all the same. Boring.

Reactions: absolutpink
Which fashion blogs are not “gifted” items? Are there any that are not riddled with product placement?

I don't mean the blogs that admit they receive stuff for free and that they are paid… I mean bloggers who don't have a team of marketers behind them.

Here is my favorite. Lady Sarah is a tpf member, and has a healthy lifestyle and travel blog in addition to fashion. No affiliation with any retailer, in fact she encourages vintage and green living - in central London. She has a lovely flat, kitty and LSH (long suffering husband as she refers to her spouse). I love that she encourages gifts of charity rather than fast fashion. I also envy her access to great vintage in London.

https://ladysarahinlondon.wordpress...nance-winter-skin-care-festive-recovery-tips/

:hbeat:
Here is my favorite. Lady Sarah is a tpf member, and has a healthy lifestyle and travel blog in addition to fashion. No affiliation with any retailer, in fact she encourages vintage and green living - in central London. She has a lovely flat, kitty and LSH (long suffering husband as she refers to her spouse). I love that she encourages gifts of charity rather than fast fashion. I also envy her access to great vintage in London.

https://ladysarahinlondon.wordpress...nance-winter-skin-care-festive-recovery-tips/

Aah thank you so much- such a lovely comment!:hbeat::hbeat: Here is an interesting blog, with original ideas. lhttp://www.minimalistbeauty.com/category/style/

wardrobe oxygen, she gives great fashion advice, and is very open and honest about product placement, how blogging works as a business etc..

Agreed!
:hbeat:

Aah thank you so much- such a lovely comment!:hbeat::hbeat: Here is an interesting blog, with original ideas. lhttp://www.minimalistbeauty.com/category/style/

Thank you for the suggestion, since you posted the link, I stayed up late reading through her blog!

Do people still follow bloggers? I like Merritt Beck The Style Scribe but I’m not sure how some of these other ladies are successful as I don’t find them that stylish. Thoughts?

I follow Merritt as well. I also like Barefoot Blonde, Gal Meets Glam and Damsel in Dior. They all have amazing photography and a unique sense of personal style. The handfuls of other bloggers I really don't have much interest in.