What are your favorite CL colors? Most flattering?

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
I'm very curious. I seem to be constantly drawn to black kid and black patent, and am just starting to branch into nude. What colors/materials combos are your favs? And which are most flattering on you?

Black in all forms, kid, nappa, patent, jazz is universally flattering. The nude in patent (like everyone's VPs) is flattering for me as well. In the reds, only true reds and the wine is flattering on me. I tried helmuts in jazz burgundy and the triclo in burgundy and they did not look good on me. The tortoise shell which has browns and golds are flattering too. Those are the ones I know that work the best for me. I also have an EB declic that looks okay. Other than that I need more colors in my collection!

Nude :yes:

In fact, I think this forum's name ought to be changed to The Nude Nude Nude Sub :nuts::nuts::nuts:

LOL

Sorry, I have been collecting CLs for years and years and finally getting the Nude Prive's (x3) has apparently pushed me over the edge :wacko:

But back to the original question: definitely NUDE!! :tup:

Blue and yellow! My skin is kind of medium toned, so the nude looks okay, but not great on me, and black looks okay too, but I prefer colors. I think yellow and (bright) blue make me look a bit more tan.

I love black & white patent cause the red soles just POP.
I love neon pink patent cause of JetSetGo's yoyos.
I love greasepaints just cause they're so sparkly.
I love satin EB cause the color is just so special.

I love black too, especially black patent... it is just so sharp and gorgy!
I want to try black jazz...
What is the different between kid and nappa? The "normal" black...is that nappa or kid?
BUT, I have a magenta 85mm simples that looks good.
And I want beige/camel leather because it looks good on me.
Also, I have a Barney's pink minibout which is sooo pretty.
Btw... I am Asian with fair skin, so my skin has a yellowish/pinkish tone, no just pinkish.
I also think the fuschia, EB and yellow suede declic would look good in most skin tone and would add a dash of color to any outfit.