Food What are your favorite canned soups?

I LOVE cooking so I generally tend to stay away anything canned.

However, when I do have canned soups, it would have to be french onion. I also love pumpkin soup (this one's not canned - it's in powder form. An Australian brand that I can't seem to recall now).

^ I think my Costco carries that, but I've never tried it.

I REALLY like Campbells Select Chicken Tortilla Soup. It's loaded with salt-- like an insane amount-- but it only has 130 calories a serving. I like it with a tiny bit of avocado puree, sour cream and shredded cheese. For ~200 calories it makes a delicious meal! I love Campbells Chicken and Stars with Ritz crackers, too!

As far as canned soup, I can't really think of any others I like except Spaghetti-O's (with or without meatballs :lol:). Yeah, I know it's gross :shame:

I like stuff like Mrs Grass' Chicken Soup and Manischiewitz matzo ball soup, but they come in boxes. And I loveTop Ramen!

My 5 yo is on a Spaghetti-O's and Meatballs kick right now! I admit to sneaking a few bites! Yum!:P

I usually only eat canned soup in the winter. Yesterday I made Progresso French Onion soup---I added toast and cheese to the top and popped it under the broiler-- Really good!

I cant remeber the name but I think it's campbells chicken,sausage rice gumbo. UHMM yummy, I get the low sodium one! still alot of sodium though!
That sounds pretty good! :nuts:

Those Campbells low sodium soups DO taste salty, and I'm a salt fanatic. Thank goodness my blood pressure and sodium levels are naturally low or I'd be in trouble!!! :s

my favorite soups don't come in cans -- they come in air tight boxes. They're made by a company called Pacific --
my favorite flavors are roasted red pepper and tomato and butternut squash.
They are a tad high in sodium but they're all natural and both low in fat (but taste really creamy and good).
Sometimes throw in some freshly toasted croutons or a dollop of lowfat sourcream. YUM
And for a real treat.. make a grilled cheese and dip it in the roasted red pepper and tomato soup. TDF.

I think they also make a plain tomato soup, a carrot soup, and a roasted corn soup, plus they make chicken/beef/veggie stock.

I find them in the regular soup section sometimes.. but ususally in the organic soup section.

I think they also make a plain tomato soup, a carrot soup, and a roasted corn soup, plus they make chicken/beef/veggie stock.

Their organic chicken broth is the ONLY store bought kind I like. It tastes like homemade and it never has those icky globs of fat floating in it. I buy it at Costco so I always have some on hand!!

^ I think my Costco carries that, but I've never tried it.

I REALLY like Campbells Select Chicken Tortilla Soup. It's loaded with salt-- like an insane amount-- but it only has 130 calories a serving. I like it with a tiny bit of avocado puree, sour cream and shredded cheese. For ~200 calories it makes a delicious meal! I love Campbells Chicken and Stars with Ritz crackers, too!

As far as canned soup, I can't really think of any others I like except Spaghetti-O's (with or without meatballs :lol:). Yeah, I know it's gross :shame:

I like stuff like Mrs Grass' Chicken Soup and Manischiewitz matzo ball soup, but they come in boxes. And I loveTop Ramen!
I love the camplells select CTS, there is a low sodium version I love! oh and I eat tomato soup almost daily, love it!

um I love canned soup.. I do low sodium or add a little more water to cut the salt... I like Campbells and Progresso mostly.. I do chicken noodle, clam chowder (new england and manhattan), tomato, vegetable, vegetable pasta... mmmmm

My mom put me on to this: Progresso chicken noodle. She adds a little water, a bouillon cube or two, and a diced potato to make it a little more filling. It's very good!