**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I have also bought two LV handbags from them and both of the handbags didn't look half as nice as the pictures they had posted on ebay and one of them had an awful sweat smell and this was not noted on the auction. Obviously, the previous owner had sweated a lot and the smell was on the handles of the handbag. I also paid way too much for these two used handbags. If you notice their auctions you will see that they barely mention any defects. They will say the interior is perfect except for one small pen mark or stain, but when you get the handbag there are many pen marks or stains. They also charge tax for Calif residents and charge way too much to ship. They are awful in returning emails and they never answered their phone when I called to return the handbags. I did have to return one of the handbags in person and they are just renting an apartment in Beverly HIlls and they do take great pictures. They have a photo studio with white all over the room and I'm sure they do photo shop too, because their pictures always look so much better than the handbags in person. I will never buy from them again either, because they charge way too much and they are not honest about how the handbags really look. THey also bid under the ebay id: Gotlux and outbid everyone and then resale for $200 to $1,000 more

Reactions: DutchGirl007
^^They're also members here - I wonder if they will come and defend themselves like with previous complaints?

I've never dealt with them directly but this isn't the first time I've heard their customer service sucks.

No, there are in Beverly Hills and there are no wildfires there. I had purchased my two LV handbags from them over a year ago and I did email them and called them and it took over two weeks for them to finally respond.

I bought something from them not too long ago and did like what I received. However, they have a very hard time replying to emails. It turns me off also. For such a high end place, you'd think they would reply immediately to all emails. I get some form emails from them every once in a while - or maybe a reply to something on my wish list - even though it's not the item I want.

But when I ask about specifics on a bag - forget it! No reply at all.

I've always received a reply? Usually w/in 24 hours of me sending it. I've never purchased anything from them. I have, however, used their 70% buyback on an *bay auction ended w/in 90 days. They wrote my check the day after they received the bag (not on the 1st or the 15th, like their policy states), which surprised me.

I bought a bag from them once and I was not impressed with their customer service. They did not reply my e-mails. I also notice that they use Photoshop to "beautify" their items a lot. The bag I received did not look as good as the pictures. :tdown:

I hope you get the problem rectified soon.

It looks like to me their items are in a light box & angled well, kwim?

sorry to hear you have had problems, i have bought from their shop, and recieved excellant service, but i wont again, because of postage, and they use fed-ex. but i would get a friend to bid for me in the usa, it would be cheaper. hope you get it sorted out good luck alfie xx

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with returning

I have seen them around ebay, and haven't personally bought from them yet, as their reserves are set quite high from the original bidding price. Maybe I'll stop looking at their auctions after this information has come to light

I'll try phoning. I didn't see a phone number on their web site but from the replies I'm getting it looks like there may be a number on the ebay store site.

For the record I don't know why this thread got moved from 'shopping' to 'ebay'. This had nothing to do with ebay. I simply went to the Fashionphile web site, browsed and purchased.

Just to keep things in perspective I will state that the condition of the bags I purchased did match the description/pictures pretty accurately. They were priced a little on the high side but I was still paying a fair amount less than current retail and the condition really was pretty good. Not new but gently used and very clean in and out. The items are also absolutely authentic - which is always a nightmare when purchasing used product - so I do feel happy with the product itself. Things only started to go wrong when it came to communicating about returning the twilly which fortunately was by far the cheapest item (around $100) of the three purchases I have made with Fashionphile. They simply don't communicate and I really can't see the point of being in business and then not communicating with your customers.

It is possible the refund has been made. But that means waiting until the statement comes in or calling the card company and spending ages going through the automated voice activated system. I just thought a simple email to the seller with a quick reply on their part would save me time on that score. I obviously thought wrong.

However, based on some of the feedback I am reading it looks like my problems could have been far worse.

I also made another purchase with another similar authenticating vendor and when the product arrived it no way matched the description of the internal condition. I was mad and felt ripped off. However, after an email asking to return and refund, I got permission to ship it back and was refunded within a day of it arriving back at the sellers site (with follow up email confirmation from the seller as well). The irony is that as this seller had really not been up front about the condition I was expecting trouble over the refund and yet got none. Of course every time you send something back and get refunded you're still out of pocket over the cost of the shipping (in both directions).

I'll try phoning. I didn't see a phone number on their web site but from the replies I'm getting it looks like there may be a number on the ebay store site.

For the record I don't know why this thread got moved from 'shopping' to 'ebay'. This had nothing to do with ebay. I simply went to the Fashionphile web site, browsed and purchased.

Just to keep things in perspective I will state that the condition of the bags I purchased did match the description/pictures pretty accurately. They were priced a little on the high side but I was still paying a fair amount less than current retail and the condition really was pretty good. Not new but gently used and very clean in and out. The items are also absolutely authentic - which is always a nightmare when purchasing used product - so I do feel happy with the product itself. Things only started to go wrong when it came to communicating about returning the twilly which fortunately was by far the cheapest item (around $100) of the three purchases I have made with Fashionphile. They simply don't communicate and I really can't see the point of being in business and then not communicating with your customers.

It is possible the refund has been made. But that means waiting until the statement comes in or calling the card company and spending ages going through the automated voice activated system. I just thought a simple email to the seller with a quick reply on their part would save me time on that score. I obviously thought wrong.

However, based on some of the feedback I am reading it looks like my problems could have been far worse.

I also made another purchase with another similar authenticating vendor and when the product arrived it no way matched the description of the internal condition. I was mad and felt ripped off. However, after an email asking to return and refund, I got permission to ship it back and was refunded within a day of it arriving back at the sellers site (with follow up email confirmation from the seller as well). The irony is that as this seller had really not been up front about the condition I was expecting trouble over the refund and yet got none. Of course every time you send something back and get refunded you're still out of pocket over the cost of the shipping (in both directions).

Maybe the Mod thought you bought it from FashionPhile on eBay OR I think they should just rename the eBay forum to Online Shopping.

I am also sorry that you are having trouble with them and I appreciate the warning.

ugh!

hold on a sec, so they DO sell authentic items correct? These items may be pre-owned, right? Is it possible that a few fakes could have slipped past them and that they are selling fakes and they wouldnt know it either?