**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

You could always return it if you want the box - sometimes a 'full set' is the reason we make the purchase and it matters. I don't think you can fault them for a weather delay though - if it wasn't delayed it would have reached you within 5 working days. Someone mentioned upthread that their photos are now representative of the item and not necessarily the actual item, so it definitely means being more cautious on their site - maybe they are showing a box with some items but you won't get actually get one. They've gone downhill quite a lot unfortunately.:sad:

For me, the box wasn't a make or break on the bag. It was already marked down 20%, and it's the best one I've found for the most reasonable price after searching for a long time. I realize that they are not responsible for UPS, and didn't mention it in my message. It was just a weird experience after receiving my Ebay order from Japan so much faster, and then the box in the picture and description wasn't there (at least the dust bag was). I read the commentary above about photos, and went back to the listing to make sure the pictures were of the actual bag I received, and they are. After everything I've read about Fashionphile over the last couple decades, they definitely served up an odd experience, lol. :lol:

nowadays I always call in to have someone check on the item for me, if none answers or can't check on the items for me I would cancel because I don't like to return, not good for their business and not good for me either, gave me too much stress.

That's something I didn't think about, and noticed they do have a phone number. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to buy from them again, especially if they're not showing pictures of the actual items. :idea:

Reactions: caannie
I sent a croc Knot back as part of the resell program, FP relisted it, but has not contacted me to confirm that i will receive the offered payout amount, nor have they initiated the direct deposit…but they’ve already listed it for sale. I never used the bag, but they listed it as having more issues then were listed when i purchased it. So i am nervous they will try to give me a lower payout…has this happened to anyone? Plus i am annoyed that they can make time to analyze and relist, but not contact me or initiate payout.

I sent a croc Knot back as part of the resell program, FP relisted it, but has not contacted me to confirm that i will receive the offered payout amount, nor have they initiated the direct deposit…but they’ve already listed it for sale. I never used the bag, but they listed it as having more issues then were listed when i purchased it. So i am nervous they will try to give me a lower payout…has this happened to anyone? Plus i am annoyed that they can make time to analyze and relist, but not contact me or initiate payout.
Are you sure the one that they have listed for sale is the one you sent back? Normally there's a whole process they go through where they tell you they received the item and that it's checked in and then pay you long before the item gets relisted. Have they confirmed to you they received the item?

Reactions: jbags07
Are you sure the one that they have listed for sale is the one you sent back? Normally there's a whole process they go through where they tell you they received the item and that it's checked in and then pay you long before the item gets relisted. Have they confirmed to you they received the item?
Yes, they confirmed yesterday they received it, but nothing about funds/amount. And its definitely the same one. And I’ve actually had this happen before, where they relisted it days before initiating payout. My fear is them changing the amount, and the bag selling, before i can refuse to accept the lower payout.

Yes, they confirmed yesterday they received it, but nothing about funds/amount. And its definitely the same one. And I’ve actually had this happen before, where they relisted it days before initiating payout. My fear is them changing the amount, and the bag selling, before i can refuse to accept the lower payout.
I'm guessing that's because it's a buyback and they already have the original auction ready to go that they can relist. I find the process to be first they send you an email saying they received your box. Then about three days later, maybe longer, they sent an email saying they've received your actual item and are processing it. Then sometime later you look at your dashboard and see that the payment for the item is pending on your dashboard. Usually they don't tell you that they have checked it in until they send you the email that payment is pending either direct deposit or however else you get it. Does it show as processing on your dashboard? I honestly think they're so behind that they go ahead and relist immediately and get around to paying for it when they have time.

I'm guessing that's because it's a buyback and they already have the original auction ready to go that they can relist. I find the process to be first they send you an email saying they received your box. Then about three days later, maybe longer, they sent an email saying they've received your actual item and are processing it. Then sometime later you look at your dashboard and see that the payment for the item is pending on your dashboard. Usually they don't tell you that they have checked it in until they send you the email that payment is pending either direct deposit or however else you get it. Does it show as processing on your dashboard? I honestly think they're so behind that they go ahead and relist immediately and get around to paying for it when they have time.
I appreciate your help with this :smile:. I just checked and on my dashboard it says ‘credited’, but its not pending in my paypal or in my bank account. If it still does not appear tomro i will call…last time i waited on hold for 90 minutes and the gal i dealt with was rude, so i was hoping to avoid calling lol.

Reactions: caannie
I appreciate your help with this :smile:. I just checked and on my dashboard it says ‘credited’, but its not pending in my paypal or in my bank account. If it still does not appear tomro i will call…last time i waited on hold for 90 minutes and the gal i dealt with was rude, so i was hoping to avoid calling lol.
From the time they show you have a credit to the time it shows up in your PayPal account or your checking account for direct deposit has been taking up to a week lately. A lot of people have seen long delays in this thread. Just to let you know.

• Wow
Wow, thats a long time! Thank u for the intel :flowers:
Mine took 15 days to get to the bank. I wouldn't bother to call and sit on hold, just wait it out. As long as it shows as received/credited in your account there's no reason you'd not get paid. I've been taking store credits recently and I'm getting the funds the exact day the bag is received - the last 5 sales the credits came into my account within hours, so they're capable of being fast when they want to.

Reactions: jbags07 and caannie
Mine took 15 days to get to the bank. I wouldn't bother to call and sit on hold, just wait it out. As long as it shows as received/credited in your account there's no reason you'd not get paid. I've been taking store credits recently and I'm getting the funds the exact day the bag is received - the last 5 sales the credits came into my account within hours, so they're capable of being fast when they want to.
15 days! Wow….thats way too long. Thank you for letting me know, i won’t waste the time calling….

Interesting ... I sent them a 100% brand new item (I did not send a box or dustbag though) and the listing has the dustbag and box added in to make it "giftable." They obviously have extras in order to make the set complete and more attractive to buyers.
One time I bought a bag listed with box and received with no box, well, now I guess that box went to another bag to sell as "giftable"

Just made my first FP purchase. I was originally going to use TRR for what I was looking for but had a subpar experience on the Prada jacket I ordered- no mention of a rip in the pocket in the description. I purchased the Louis Vuitton Tagus Taimyr Messenger Bag Ardoise. I ordered my item late Saturday night, it shipped yesterday and arrived today. Item was in much better condition than I expected- almost looks brand new! It came wrapped in a FP dust bag and was neatly packed. I am 100% satisfied and plan on shopping with them again.