**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

same issue here, my van cleef bracelet was arrived and signed for by someone on 02/07 now it is 12/07, still no response. My friend’s item arrived on 10/07 was already received and paid for. I am nerve racked and crying because i have a feeling they lost my item. Customer service said they did not hear back from receiving yet! I ship from international so I can only track by usps postal! Now I am really worried where is my parcel.
You have proof of delivery and that it was signed for. Just make sure you hold on to your shipping paperwork and it'll be fine. You have proof it arrived there, that's what matters They are just very slow right now.

Sad sad news, their receiving department claimed they never received it! Whoever signed for the package they claimed has no such employee. Because I send by usps, I have no way to track it like ups or fedex, and not able to use fashionphile labels! USPS assumed it is delivered and signed for. So Fashionphile just closed the case for me, I am out at $4000! And you know what, today i think i found my item listed on their website! But my items are van cleef (not listed), a hermes twilly (just listed) and chanel earrings (just listed) but items have no specific reference on them, how can I said they were mine! I am new, i can not even start my own thread to seek more help! I need serous help

Sad sad news, their receiving department claimed they never received it! Whoever signed for the package they claimed has no such employee. Because I send by usps, I have no way to track it like ups or fedex, and not able to use fashionphile labels! USPS assumed it is delivered and signed for. So Fashionphile just closed the case for me, I am out at $4000! And you know what, today i think i found my item listed on their website! But my items are van cleef (not listed), a hermes twilly (just listed) and chanel earrings (just listed) but items have no specific reference on them, how can I said they were mine! I am new, i can not even start my own thread to seek more help! I need serous help
I am so sorry. One thing you can try is to open a case with USPS, hopefully the box was insured, and they can do a GPS check of where the package was signed for (if it was at Fashionphile’s address or elsewhere). I have needed to do this in the past. In my case I was the buyer, and the item was marked as delivered and signed for, but when they finished the investigation (a long process where I had to keep calling and escalating the case), they discovered that the GPS marker for delivery was about 1/2 mile away from my house, so they refunded my money. For the VCA piece at least, if they do end up listing it, they can check the serial number against your piece, assuming you have documentation or photos (maybe from when you submitted it for a quote). Wishing you the best of luck.

Reactions: onlyk and caannie
Just curious, why didn’t you use the free fashionphile label?

Just so everyone else is aware, USPS will only insure fine jewelry if it is sent with their incredibly slow registered mail service, where each handoff of the package is signed for. There's specific requirements for tamper evident packaging as well.

regardless of what insurance you pay for, jewelry items/gemstones/etc are NOT INSURED with USPS unless they are sent registered mail.

Not OP, but I think she said she is from outside the USA. I don’t think they offer the free fashionphile label in that case.
Interesting. I assumed because she used USPS she was in the USA but I guess international companies link to usps once the package crosses the ocean? One reason I prefer using FP as a seller is that they provide the label which makes them seemingly responsible for the item the moment it leaves my hands (and all their auto processing/scanning is linked to it making it harder to lose items etc).

Just so everyone else is aware, USPS will only insure fine jewelry if it is sent with their incredibly slow registered mail service, where each handoff of the package is signed for. There's specific requirements for tamper evident packaging as well.

regardless of what insurance you pay for, jewelry items/gemstones/etc are NOT INSURED with USPS unless they are sent registered mail.
This is very helpful, thanks for posting the details.

Interesting. I assumed because she used USPS she was in the USA but I guess international companies link to usps once the package crosses the ocean? One reason I prefer using FP as a seller is that they provide the label which makes them seemingly responsible for the item the moment it leaves my hands (and all their auto processing/scanning is linked to it making it harder to lose items etc).
I would have assumed so also, but I happened to recall in her previous post that she had shipped internationally.
I completely agree with you, I will gladly take a slightly lower payout if required in order to use company that provides an insured label.

You may look up your quote number then take a look of the item they liisted if they are the same then that's your item.

Also just curious, why you guys take high risk of losing expensive things sending your items overseas instead you could selling in your own country? I'm sure there are lots of consignments in almost every countries? It would give me heart attack to mail anything that expensive without some sort of guaranty

When I got my first label for their New Jersey location I was pleased that the shipping time had been reduced from a week to just 2-3 days. However the check-in time has increased so much, it's really a wash. I'm not even talking about processing time and getting paid, I'm talking about just OPENING the shipping box and acknowledging receipt of the specific item. Honestly, it's just scary shipping anything to them these days. I'm still waiting for them to open a box while Yoogiscloset has already paid me for items received on the same day!

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
A qutesion, are you guys getting lower than usual quotes? I haven't been able to sell anything to them for awhile, because other consignments offered me 5%- 40% more on almost every item. I'm afraid of sending new items in for quotes, just don't want FP thinks I'm teasing them.

Were they ever able to locate your package?

• Sad
Reactions: azure5 and caannie
A qutesion, are you guys getting lower than usual quotes? I haven't been able to sell anything to them for awhile, because other consignments offered me 5%- 40% more on almost every item. I'm afraid of sending new items in for quotes, just don't want FP thinks I'm teasing them.
I feel like their quotes have been lower in the past month. I think it really varies though from person to person and what you submit. You might want to search the thread, but I recall other people wondering if you can regularly submit for quotes but not send it to them. I believe the general responses were that they are ok with you getting quotes and not ultimately giving it to them as long as you are actively buying from them - they do stop giving quotes out to some people who they flag as never selling to them and also never buying from them.

Reactions: onlyk