**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

Has anyone ever sold a buyout item to FP and then had a change of heart once it shipped? I’ve been offloading a lot of bags lately to make room in my budget for new ones, and there was one I was really on the fence about selling but decided to go for it. Now I’m feeling like maybe I wasn’t ready to let it go after all. I think I might call and ask to get it back since I’m willing to pay for the shipping both ways, but if they’re like “no, it’s ours now” it won’t be the end of the world. I would be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience of seller’s remorse!! :facepalm:
Let us know what they say, if you do call. I did buy a bag from them and decided to return it. I immediately regretted the decision and called to ask that I repurchase and they forget about my return. It was a no. The woman told me I'd have to wait to see it relisted and try again like everyone else when it was put back on. I offered to pay for it to come back and said, can I just put it on layaway, or anything, because you haven't even received the box or processed the return. They weren't helpful for my return-regret. Hoping you have success!

I've never had a seller's remorse with Fashionphile but I recently had one with Yoogiscloset. I sent them a watch and after shipping it decided I didn't really want to sell it. So I called them and they were kind enough to turn the package around when it got there and ship it straight back. I haven't received it yet but this was entirely at their expense so I really appreciate that.

I recently sold an item to Fashionphile, and dropped off the package in UPS using the label from fashionphile. However, the online status is still 'label created', but not shipped. The delivery status is always 'check back tmr for an updated delivery date'. Has anyone met this issue? I am quite worried now. If the package is lost, am I taking the full losses?

Thank you in advance!

I recently sold an item to Fashionphile, and dropped off the package in UPS using the label from fashionphile. However, the online status is still 'label created', but not shipped. The delivery status is always 'check back tmr for an updated delivery date'. Has anyone met this issue? I am quite worried now. If the package is lost, am I taking the full losses?

Thank you in advance!
Did they scan it and give you a receipt? Then you have proof you shipped it and you're good. If not, I'd go back to UPS with the tracking number and ask where it is.

Did they scan it and give you a receipt? Then you have proof you shipped it and you're good. If not, I'd go back to UPS with the tracking number and ask where it is.

Thank you for your quick reply, caannie.

Yes, I have the receipt. Actually I went to the local UPS store today for this issue. The staff said they handed over all packages to the ups pickup truck everyday. However, UPS customer service said that UPS was not in possession of the package.
Should I ask fashionphile to help directly? It's an expensive item, so I am quite worried..

Thank you for your quick reply, caannie.

Yes, I have the receipt. Actually I went to the local UPS store today for this issue. The staff said they handed over all packages to the ups pickup truck everyday. However, UPS customer service said that UPS was not in possession of the package.
Should I ask fashionphile to help directly? It's an expensive item, so I am quite worried..
How long has it been? You can call Fashionphile's customer service, but they'll tell you to wait a few days to see if it arrives. UPS will say it missed a scan. Your shipping receipt should cover you, as Fashionphile is the UPS customer and can claim the value of the package if it is lost. I suspect it will turn up though.

How long has it been? You can call Fashionphile's customer service, but they'll tell you to wait a few days to see if it arrives. UPS will say it missed a scan. Your shipping receipt should cover you, as Fashionphile is the UPS customer and can claim the value of the package if it is lost. I suspect it will turn up though.

It has been 1 week since I dropped off the package. If everything went on smoothly, the package should have already arrived. I will call fashionphile on Monday. Hope there are updates from UPS before calling.

Thank you again. Really Appreciate your helpful suggestions!

Reactions: caannie
Let us know what they say, if you do call. I did buy a bag from them and decided to return it. I immediately regretted the decision and called to ask that I repurchase and they forget about my return. It was a no. The woman told me I'd have to wait to see it relisted and try again like everyone else when it was put back on. I offered to pay for it to come back and said, can I just put it on layaway, or anything, because you haven't even received the box or processed the return. They weren't helpful for my return-regret. Hoping you have success!

Oof, hopefully they will be a little more flexible if I do end up calling them! I’m planning to wait until Monday to give myself a little more time to think it over. On the bright side, the quote they gave me was super high—which was really what induced me to sell—and at the time they didn’t have any more of this bag, but now they have at least 4 already and the prices have been dropping. So I think if they do insist on keeping it they will be making a much lower profit than they originally anticipated. :P I might be doing them a favor!

I've never had a seller's remorse with Fashionphile but I recently had one with Yoogiscloset. I sent them a watch and after shipping it decided I didn't really want to sell it. So I called them and they were kind enough to turn the package around when it got there and ship it straight back. I haven't received it yet but this was entirely at their expense so I really appreciate that.
Oh I’m so glad!! :biggrin: That is super nice of them. I don’t have much experience with Yoogi’s but my impression is that they are good people to work with.

Submitted an item for a quote to FP. Quoted 400 usd. One other on their site at 1500. No thanks. Your profit shouldn't be more than twice what you pay me.

they offered me $400 USD on my groom cles and sold it for $545 USD. I sent in a NWT limited edition mini pochette - they offered me $300 USD. It depends on who is looking at your item.

they offered me $400 USD on my groom cles and sold it for $545 USD. I sent in a NWT limited edition mini pochette - they offered me $300 USD. It depends on who is looking at your item.
I have never had any success with FP to be honest. Haven't asked them to quote for anything in over a year and now I remember why. I have now sold the item myself for significantly more than their quote.

Reactions: SakuraSakura
Sarah gave an interview with Marie Claire (see it through their website) and she talked about a lot of the new tech they are using these days. Not just their weird pricing system!, but how they use different x-ray machines and various tech to scan inside bags and hardware, and some machine they use to test the leather on bags. She also spoke a few times about how they plan to work with the new microchips and blockchain tech that LV and Chanel have started placing in their items. It sounds like maybe they won't have any access to the scanners for those items so they are looking to partner with the brands (!). It was a fairly good interview b/c she didn't cover stuff she has before, it was fresh intel.

Sarah gave an interview with Marie Claire (see it through their website) and she talked about a lot of the new tech they are using these days. Not just their weird pricing system!, but how they use different x-ray machines and various tech to scan inside bags and hardware, and some machine they use to test the leather on bags. She also spoke a few times about how they plan to work with the new microchips and blockchain tech that LV and Chanel have started placing in their items. It sounds like maybe they won't have any access to the scanners for those items so they are looking to partner with the brands (!). It was a fairly good interview b/c she didn't cover stuff she has before, it was fresh intel.
I was wondering how they were going to get around the microchips. I figured since they are partners with NM they would easily be able to work something out with the designers.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89