What are your experiences with Fashionphile?

umichmm

O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Chicago
I also sent a message here to @fashionphile on 3/12 but did not get any response. I’m really disheartened. It didn’t used to be like this. And I had an item with them currently for sale - and have purchased and sold many items with them. Never once abused a return policy or anything. I was patient with the delays in shipping. It’s very sad to me.

I wonder if whoever you spoke to erred. That's ridiculous to start the return policy of the date of sale (Feb. 7) when it was Fashionphile who didn't ship for over a week (Feb. 15). IMO, the 30 days should start on the date of delivery. Especially during Covid when all shipping services have slowed coupled with their own delay, @fashionphile should be more flexible and understanding.

If they have a 30 day return policy that begins on the date of sale, they need to ship on that date or the next!

What's to keep them for holding items and delay shipping for 3 weeks after the sale so then they never have to take a return?!

Have you actually escalated and worked your way up the food chain?

MrsSlocomb

Jan 15, 2020
I was talking to one of their CS people the other day, 5-7 business days is now the norm.
Did you happen to hear from them how long it is taking for payouts? I finally got my quotes and have shipped out the bags. UPS said it was delivered this morning so I'm figuring another week till I get paid?

Apr 1, 2016
Did you happen to hear from them how long it is taking for payouts? I finally got my quotes and have shipped out the bags. UPS said it was delivered this morning so I'm figuring another week till I get paid?
In my experience it takes no more than a couple of days. Earlier this month I was seeing payments in my bank account 2 days after my items arrived, although at the moment it's closer to 3. Still not too bad though.

Reactions: caannie

samfalstaff

For crying out loud...
May 31, 2013
San Rafael, California
Yes the date from purchase was my mistake - I had a fair reason why I requested an exception that was personal but I did share. I was essentially delayed by less than 48 hours past their return policy when I called. The item was boxed and ready to ship back immediately. They have yet to respond to my escalated email and phone. So they have no interest in reevaluating. I’m just letting people know - they want you, as the customer, to give them all the maximum leeway on their policies that go beyond their normal and even COVID extensions, to the detriment of your return policy. You have to give them all the flexibility, they will give you NONE.

Case in point, I wanted an answer or a review to this, and emailed. And twelve days later - not a single response.
Hmmm, I was about to buy something from them that probably would have arrived while I was away. I remembered your issue here with them so I didn't buy it. They lost a sale because of their return inflexible return policy. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: umichmm and caannie

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
By five days post purchase wo an update I called to inquire about shipping and was told that they were delayed on orders and ground was basically shipping whenever they get to it.
If they have a 30 day return policy that begins on the date of sale, they need to ship on that date or the next!

What's to keep them for holding items and delay shipping for 3 weeks after the sale so then they never have to take a return?!
Yes the date from purchase was my mistake - I had a fair reason why I requested an exception that was personal but I did share. I was essentially delayed by less than 48 hours past their return policy when I called. The item was boxed and ready to ship back immediately. They have yet to respond to my escalated email and phone. So they have no interest in reevaluating. I’m just letting people know - they want you, as the customer, to give them all the maximum leeway on their policies that go beyond their normal and even COVID extensions, to the detriment of your return policy. You have to give them all the flexibility, they will give you NONE.

Case in point, I wanted an answer or a review to this, and emailed. And twelve days later - not a single response.
I stand by my opinion and I think @fashionphile is wrong. To hold you to 30 days post purchase for the return when THEY delayed shipping by (at least) 5 days and imply that they'll ship when they get to it is wrong. Not even taking your unavailability into account concerning the return request, between their delay in shipping and USPS/Fedex/UPS delays because of covid, they should be a bit more flexible.

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
My order just shipped and it's coming from New Jersey. I wonder where it's coming from?? I would say that every single purchase I've made for the last 5 or 6 years has ALWAYS come from someplace in California. Anyone know what is in NJ and where this bag might have been? It's not a current store stock or new with tags bag (it's 2 yrs old) so now I'm wondering if they have a store in NJ? Or it was turned in by someone in NJ and never sent to California?

Alxii

Jan 17, 2020
I just found this article that says Fashionphile now has a warehouse in New Jersey. I also bought a bag that shipped from NJ.

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
I stand by my opinion and I think @fashionphile is wrong. To hold you to 30 days post purchase for the return when THEY delayed shipping by (at least) 5 days and imply that they'll ship when they get to it is wrong. Not even taking your unavailability into account concerning the return request, between their delay in shipping and USPS/Fedex/UPS delays because of covid, they should be a bit more flexible.
I totally agree with you and have always assumed that their return time BEGAN on the day of delivery which is the only timeline that makes sense! I just went and looked at their policy and wow....it begins on the day of purchase.
If they want to make their return time less than 30 days then make it 14 days but it should always begin on the day of delivery as the shipping time can vary so very much these days. The last purchase I made .....looked it up!.....was 14 days receipt from the DAY of purchase. I guess this tells me NOT to purchase anything late on a Friday night because I am already looking at losing 3 days right there for my return. No sense at all.

kadya

Sep 5, 2018
I submitted quotes in Feb and early March, and they took at least 5-6 days. It seems things are speeding up though - I just submitted 2 more items on Tuesday and I got a response Wednesday evening.

One LV, one Bal - the LV is what I was expecting, the Bal was less than I was expecting...I got quoted about 50% of what the same style and color in similar condition has been selling for (not listed for, ones that have sold for) on their site. I know Bal has terrible resale value, but my LV and Chanel quotes consistently hover around 70% of what they sell the item for.

anrdr

May 23, 2016
I purchased a purse on Fashionphile the other day and decided yesterday that I wanted to change the shipping address. I'm in Asia so my original address was international but I wanted to have it shipped to a domestic US address instead because of the insanely high import tax. I called customer service and had an extremely pleasant experience. Was worried they might give me a hard time about changing the address from international to domestic but they truly couldn't have been nicer. However, they do charge a fee for making the change, but compared to what I might have had to pay in import taxes it was nothing. Great customer service!

Reactions: MAGJES and caannie

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Garden City
I purchased a purse on Fashionphile the other day and decided yesterday that I wanted to change the shipping address. I'm in Asia so my original address was international but I wanted to have it shipped to a domestic US address instead because of the insanely high import tax. I called customer service and had an extremely pleasant experience. Was worried they might give me a hard time about changing the address from international to domestic but they truly couldn't have been nicer. However, they do charge a fee for making the change, but compared to what I might have had to pay in import taxes it was nothing. Great customer service!
for international purchase, the shipping is very expensive and most importantly items have higher chance got lost or damaged, by change your shipping address to US you will have to be responsible for item got damaged or lost if you have someone in US transfering it from US to your home country also that add another extra cost, plus the extra fee you had to pay them to change delivery address.

personally I wouldn't do that, of course FP would be very happy to change the delivery address to US, ha, if it was me I would waved that extra fee for changing to the US address

Last edited:

anrdr

May 23, 2016
for international purchase, the shipping is very expensive and by change your shipping address to US you will have to be responsible for item got damaged or lost if you have someone in US transfering it from US to your home country also that add another extra cost, international shipping is quite expensive plus extra you had to pay them to change delivery address.
Yeah you're totally right! The only reason I felt comfortable changing my shipping address is because a friend of mine who is in the US is coming home soon and she very kindly agreed to bring it with her, so I had it shipped to her. I definitely wouldn't have trusted a mail forwarding company with something that expensive - I would have just paid the exorbitant import tax.

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Garden City
Yeah you're totally right! The only reason I felt comfortable changing my shipping address is because a friend of mine who is in the US is coming home soon and she very kindly agreed to bring it with her, so I had it shipped to her. I definitely wouldn't have trusted a mail forwarding company with something that expensive - I would have just paid the exorbitant import tax.
I had thought of that reason too but I know in one particular Asian country they are very strict with "smuggling" luxury items to avoid tax, of course many had successed, hopefully you are not in that country then should have less problem :smile:

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
On the bright side, they're getting their quotes out really fast this week.

On the not so bright side, they offered me $200 for an item they are selling for $625 on their site, and another $200 for an item they sell for $595. Hmmm...

Yoogiscloset is offering better prices on these. FP offered $150 for a bag Yoogiscloset paid me $315 for.