What are your clothing pet peeves?

-Cashmere that pills. Which is all of it these days.
-Shoe companies that offer men’s shoes in 3 different widths (because men will not buy shoes that make their feet hurt) and women’s shoes in only B. Because women will apparently suffer their feet into anything fashionable.
-Fitness leggings with that weird, uncomfortable, unattractive, serged seam right across the abdomen. Why?
-Seeing pockets through white pants
-Faux riding boots. Either be riding boots or don’t be riding boots.
-Obvious logos.
-Clothing retailers who do not offer tailoring as a service. It doesn’t have to be free.
-Shirts with gaping collars, and giant sleeve cuffs.
-Round (crewneck) tees with monstrous neck holes because it’s easier and cheaper than making tees with necks and shoulder seams that fit properly.
-Someone mentioned this—catalog items photographed to be much more attractively shaped and fitted than they are, which are likely held in place with a thousand pins.

and a few more...

Trousers that zip up at the back (rather than the side or front) - and worse if they also have button fasteners at the back!

Clothes that are semi transparent and then have labels in obvious places that are so visible. Seems a travesty to cut them out of an expensive designer item

Clothes being labelled dry clean only when they can actually be washed at home

-Cashmere that pills. Which is all of it these days.
-Someone mentioned this—catalog items photographed to be much more attractively shaped and fitted than they are, which are likely held in place with a thousand pins.

Cashmere reminds me how much I love knits but how afraid I am of getting them pilled-up. :crybaby: I still buy and wear them, but try to rotate them and carefully clean them so they last.

haha, that reminds me of websites like Zara, that have the models in all their weird positions, or in motion, so no one knows how the clothes look on a person in a normal standing position. So then I don't buy because I don't know what it looks like normally! :no:

Regarding bad product images, it drives me mad when jeans are photographed as part of an outfit with a shirt that covers the back pockets, so you can't properly see how the jeans look from the back. Are you kidding me? I'm not buying a pair of jeans without seeing how it makes my butt look! Show me the ass, please.

- nonconsistent sizes. As a 38, I have clothes from 34 to 40 and from XS to XL in my closet and always need to order 2 different sizes, sometimes they’re still off (Zara…)

- not catering to women with athletic builds, e.g. broad shoulders and narrow butts and no waist. Whyyy. Not everyone has a pear shape, or hourglass, big hips and thighs and realllly narrow shoulders and arms. Sometimes I buy men’s small suits and trousers. Yay.

- plasticky fabrics that make you stink in a nanosecond

- tops that are a liiiitle too short and you need to pull down all the time

- high rise jeans - they could double as a bra, but if you’re built straight, are wayyy to big in the butt or several sizes too small in the waist. Come back mid and low rises!

- nonconsistent sizes. As a 38, I have clothes from 34 to 40 and from XS to XL in my closet and always need to order 2 different sizes, sometimes they’re still off (Zara…)

- not catering to women with athletic builds, e.g. broad shoulders and narrow butts and no waist. Whyyy. Not everyone has a pear shape, or hourglass, big hips and thighs and realllly narrow shoulders and arms. Sometimes I buy men’s small suits and trousers. Yay.

- high rise jeans - they could double as a bra, but if you’re built straight, are wayyy to big in the butt or several sizes too small in the waist. Come back mid and low rises!
I am soooo with you on the inconsistent sizing, drives me nuts! Same for shoes, even within the same brand!! I am a 38,5. So why in Prada I´ll be a 38 in the loafers and 37 in the slingbacks?!

And the lack of quality while you spent more....made in China, loose threads when it´s H&M I understand....when it´s Isabel Marant...not so much.

Amen to all of these (same issues....)!

Reactions: south-of-france
-I know it is a pain but I dislike boots that are made for wide calves that have that elastic on them.
-I also dislike boots that lace-up that have a zipper on the side for easy on and off.
-I am probably in the minority hear but I cannot stand anything cropped. I am plis-sized and they assume all plus-sized women are pear-shaped with big hips and flat stomachs. Also while I am encouraging of body positivity it doesn't mean I do not feel self-concious over certain body parts.

Reactions: cecchetti
I have several:
- a combination of natural and synthetic fibers in one garment, a silk dress with polyester lining, because it is not breatheable and requires special care,
- half lining in jackets, it cheapens the look and does not have functional purpose,
- shoes that take off socks, I’ve tried many types of socks,
- narrow shoes made of stiff material.