What are your all-purpose winter shoes?

xruletarusax

Dec 29, 2009
My old non-brand ugg boots just got my feet wet this morning. It's time to retire them. I'm considering purchasing Uggs if they hold up well, but am trying to move away from the "college" look. ;)

What are your favorite warm, comfy, waterproof, bad-weather shoes with good traction for the winter? Please share pros and cons.

THank you!!!

I have Uggs and I'm in my 40's. I don't consider them college at all.:flowers: They are a functional/warm shoe for me only but have def. held up well over the years. I just make sure I waterproof them really well at first. I wear those..my Dansko's(functional clogs/probably considered a bit ugly to some like Uggs)in the oiled dk brown..these are seriously the most comfortable clogs ever for a functional shoe..I like to wear boots in the winter and mostly wear my Frye's(esp.my Harness 12 R's) as they hold up really well(not sure about the traction part though as it gets cold, but only random snow/ice):amuse: I have some flats that I use as well but not a ton.

Last edited:
I wear frye boots with really heavy socks and it works nicely in variable Canadian weather

Actually, my Fryes have taken over the place of my UGGs. When I need something snuggly I'll still reach for my UGGs, but really my Frye harness boots take a serious beating and keep my feet warm, snuggly, comfortable and dry.
I wouldn't wear them in snow sports or playing with the kids outside in the snow making snowmen and sledding, but for everything else they're perfect.

I have a pair of Tods grommet shoes. They are patent leather with a thick rubber sole that comes up around the sides of the shoe. They are great for those days when it's really slushy and cold.