what are you wearing on the first day of school?

dkstout

Jul 11, 2008
to those of you still in school, tell me what you plan on wearing the first day you go back or what you did wear (if school started for you already)

i go back on thursday and i have no idea what to wear!!!

also: will i look crazy on the first day wearing a long sleeve oversized cardigan? it is light weight and i think i should wear it because it's usually cold in classrooms.. but outside it's still in the high 80's.

I have no clue what I'll be wearing. I'm starting my senior year of college in September. I got a ridiculous amount of new clothes over the course of the summer, so I will have some big decisions to make. :P

I think the cardigan would be fine. I know I always freeze to death inside if I don't have a sweater.

Hmmm... it will be the third year of grad school for me and I love putting first day of school outfits together (I went to school as a kid in uniforms so it's a treat for me)! I'll likely be taking a cardigan as well. Dkstout, it's always cold inside and you can always take it off!

Oscarcat... love the dress. It's very cute! Very preppy. You can do a blair-esque headband with that dress.

It will all depend on the weather (it is fluctuating between nice-and-nearly-cool and bloody-hot) but in all likelihood I will be slumming in my normal college clothes... jeans, boots, and a semi-dressy shirt. I'd love to be able to pull out a jacket, but we know that won't be feasible. However, I might go with a knee-length or just above summer dress (BCBG wrap dress or Tart Pilar dress) and some heels. Who knows?

I start my freshman yr of college on the 25th, and still haven't decided yet. I think a cardigan will be fine, you will most likely freeze. I want to wear heels, but think it might yield some crazy looks, and I'll look out of place. Any advice?

I start my freshman yr of college on the 25th, and still haven't decided yet. I think a cardigan will be fine, you will most likely freeze. I want to wear heels, but think it might yield some crazy looks, and I'll look out of place. Any advice?

I think it really depends on what kind of school you're going to. Heels seem less out of place at big state schools. I go to a small private college and I've worn heels with dark skinny jeans to class before, but it's not really the norm. People will be well dressed, but I think most people want to be comfortable in class because the classes and workload are pretty rigorous.

I think my first day of school outfit will be something along these lines--

dark skinny jean capris--I have cropped 7 for all mankind ones or abercrombie
navy flip flops
babydoll tank

I have both of these that I am considering- AE and hollister

http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/w...12646&parentCategoryId=12552&colorSequence=03

or

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat380157&productId=3361_8931

I am leaning towards the ae tank, but I might save that for pictures.

the ae tank is really cute and more school appropriate. so i'd say wear that one.
also, good luck starting high school! i'm going into my junior year.

so i think i have a good idea of what i should wear the first day:

tank top-
50899282011fg8.jpg

the cardigan i plan on wearing is the color of the beige ruffles. or should i wear a black cardi?

with some dark grey skinny jeans and these shoes:
chloeballet.jpg

well, the knock off of those chloe shoes.

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
so i think i have a good idea of what i should wear the first day:

tank top-
50899282-01.jpg

the cardigan i plan on wearing is the color of the beige ruffles. or should i wear a black cardi?

with some dark grey skinny jeans and these shoes:
chloeballet.jpg

well, the knock off of those chloe shoes.

what do you guys think?

Where did you find a good knockoff of those Chloes? I absolutely love them.