what are you wearing on the first day of school?

Wow...I didn't know that people still prepare for the first week clothes in college! I'm a senior and I just put on whatever is not in the hamper and is clean lol!! I go to a big university though so most people don't really care for what they look like. There are a few people who dress up and wear heels, but its very impractical as you're running all over the huge campus and lugging notebooks.

I just wear jeans, a cute comfy top, and flip flops...

Oh and I should add that... people are even seen on campus with sweatpants, pjs, and slippers! I love my school...lol!

I am going to start 10th grade tomorrow (!!), and I think I'll wear this black sleeveless top with multi-colored embroidered flowers that I got at a vintage shop downtown, with white shorts and bronze gladiator-type sandals (not the tall ones).

Wow...I didn't know that people still prepare for the first week clothes in college! I'm a senior and I just put on whatever is not in the hamper and is clean lol!! I go to a big university though so most people don't really care for what they look like. There are a few people who dress up and wear heels, but its very impractical as you're running all over the huge campus and lugging notebooks.

I just wear jeans, a cute comfy top, and flip flops...

Oh and I should add that... people are even seen on campus with sweatpants, pjs, and slippers! I love my school...lol!

haha, yeah I def. agree with you! I am starting my first year of Grad school next week- I'll just throw on a loungy-type skirt, tank, and some comfy worn-in flops...

then in the winter- I usually wear VS Pink sweats or jeans and a sweater...with, FLOPS! I'm from VA and it usually doesn't start getting cold til November..

but even then-I wear flip flops cause' we have really mild winters!

I didn't know college kids still thought about what they will wear on the first day either..its kinda cute actually. heh!

haha, yeah I def. agree with you! I am starting my first year of Grad school next week- I'll just throw on a loungy-type skirt, tank, and some comfy worn-in flops...

then in the winter- I usually wear VS Pink sweats or jeans and a sweater...with, FLOPS! I'm from VA and it usually doesn't start getting cold til November..

but even then-I wear flip flops cause' we have really mild winters!

I didn't know college kids still thought about what they will wear on the first day either..its kinda cute actually. heh!

Haha...I was beginning to think I was the only one that didn't obsess over clothes. I just go shopping randomly throughout the year when I have time. I don't even do "back-to-school shopping" anymore. Do people still do that in college? Heheh...

I'm from MA, so the winters here are definitely cold and snowy. I live in jeans, UGGs, cute fitted sweatshirts, and a very warm winter-coat lol!

It is kinda cute :P I never realized people still freaked out about the first day of school. I can't even remember caring about what i wore on the first day in high school, let alone freshman year of college.. I think i was more concerned about getting lost on my way to class.
All i remember is that a lot of the girls got dressed up for class for about the first month of school, then by the second everyone was wearing sweats to class. It was pretty funny.

As for the poster who will be a freshman and is thinking about wearing heels:
proceed with caution! i don't know how large your campus is, but wearing heels can be dangerous, especially if you are late to class and need to run. you might get some ridiculous looks running around in heels ;)

Ooh I love Blair's headbands. good idea luckygirl83!!

I am starting freshman year of high school on sept. 3!! i'm scared :sad:
Not sure what I'm wearing. hmm

Im going to be a freshman, too! I'm terrified!!

But, I wear a uniform so that makes it easier for me but I still want to do my hair and makeup really cute and maybe with a blair-esque headband too. I just need to find a cute one!

xoxojuicy--Omg cool!!! there are more and more freshman girls here, i just have to find em. :smile:) I wish I could wear a uniform sometimes. in some ways it would be boring since you can't go shopping as much and wear your new clothes to school, but i think it would make everyone more equal you know? there's always problems with people judging based on clothes. i admit i do that sometimes but i try my hardest not to. I'm human, ithappens :/ I would love to just roll out of bed and only have to worry about my hair and makeup!!!

but i lay out my entire outfit so I just throw that on in the morning. too bad about the makeup and hair...takes me forever!

i'm the same as you frostedcouture, i always pick out my outfit the night before. but most mornings i'll wake up, put it on and hate it so i have to start over!

oh yeah happens to me too. sometimes you imagine it but it comes out differently when you wear it. I admit, I forget to lay out my clothes a lot then I run into a very very busy morning >.<