What are you using at the pool?

I have used my NF GM at the pool before, but my kids weren't toddlers at the time and I never left my chair (love to read at the pool!). So there was no issue. The beach? Nope! Wouldn't do that, personally. I do have a beach bag that I absolutely love, by the company Mar Y Sol. I would encourage you to google them, OP. They are super cute!

I use my NF GM when on vacation so to the beach it goes with me as well. I've also used my Palm Springs Backpack MM which has worked out but not enough room for towels.

I personally wouldn’t bring any expensive designer bag to the pool or beach, if I’m planning on swimming.
Chlorine or salt water are not what I want my bags to be around. Plus at the beach they would be sitting on a towel alone while I’m in the water and would be worried about theft.

If I was going to a fancy pool party, I might bring one of my bags but I wouldn’t be swimming or lugging around towels and stuff so it wouldn’t be a tote.

I’d say longchamp (best travel bags you can just clean with a wipe) or a cute summery $20-30 tote from Marshall’s or macys.
I have a super cute tote that has pineapples on it from Macy’s that was around $30.

I'm trying not to be bitter about this whole thread as I spent this week digging my car out of the snow to drive over black ice to take the bar exam. Jealous of your upcoming nice weather- we have a long way to go here!
I’m sorry. I grew up in northern Ohio. I actually miss the snow. If it’s any consolation, I HATE the heat. About August when it’s been in the 90’s for months, I’m in the worst mood. So tired of being hot. I hope you get some warm air soon. I hope the bar went well!

While I don’t baby my bags, I do take care of them for sure. I just like to enjoy them. However, I know myself well enough to know that I would never ever enjoy my time at the pool or the beach if I took a high end bag with me because I’d be so concerned about how nasty it got from someone putting the sunscreen away messy or even open (it’s happened in my family :annoyed:). I also would be concerned tremendously that someone would walk away with my bag while I was distracted having fun or drifting off while sunbathing. I actually use a Kyss bag because it attaches/locks to beach chairs or tables, whatever you’re wanting to secure it to while it locks the bag closed and when we cruise it’s the perfect bag. So, my whole point of my long comment was I love the Kyss bags a lot, and while it wouldn’t be considered a “high end” bag, it is a very nice bag with the luxury of securing your items while also securing itself if you have something to attach it to that would make it impossible or at the very least difficult to get away with it.

While I don’t baby my bags, I do take care of them for sure. I just like to enjoy them. However, I know myself well enough to know that I would never ever enjoy my time at the pool or the beach if I took a high end bag with me because I’d be so concerned about how nasty it got from someone putting the sunscreen away messy or even open (it’s happened in my family :annoyed:). I also would be concerned tremendously that someone would walk away with my bag while I was distracted having fun or drifting off while sunbathing. I actually use a Kyss bag because it attaches/locks to beach chairs or tables, whatever you’re wanting to secure it to while it locks the bag closed and when we cruise it’s the perfect bag. So, my whole point of my long comment was I love the Kyss bags a lot, and while it wouldn’t be considered a “high end” bag, it is a very nice bag with the luxury of securing your items while also securing itself if you have something to attach it to that would make it impossible or at the very least difficult to get away with it.

That bag sounds great, I’ll have to look into that myself :smile:

Reactions: Kimber211
I know the ads always make LV at the pool/beach so glamorous but I’m just thinking “melting canvas”! If I go to the beach I take Vera Bradley totes/towels. I can hide LV slg’s inside [emoji41]I have Longchamp totes too but they seem too rubbery for the boiling sun down here. Target makes cute beach totes too. I also used to have a cute straw tote from Coach years ago. I’m always afraid of being robbed ( growing up in NYC) so if I’m leaving my belongings unattended- I want them to be under the radar. :smile: