Books & Music what are you reading ?

LisaG719 said:
Last night I just started The Klone and I by Danielle Steele. Before that I read Haunted by Chuck Palaniuk (sp?). He is an awesome author from Oregon who wrote Fight Club. I would definitely recommend any of his books. Before that I read The Bachman Books by Stephen King. My tastes are all over the board so who knows what I will end up picking up next!

I love Chuck Palaniuk....I've read all of his books and they're all great!!

Right now I'm reading "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver. Just finished "The Kite Runner" which had me bawling!!! One of the better books I've read.

LisaG719 said:
. Before that I read The Bachman Books by Stephen King. My tastes are all over the board so who knows what I will end up picking up next!

I read all different things, chick lit to Stephen King, too. Right now I'm in the middle of The Stand by Stephen King. It's quite scary!!

amanda said:
I :heart: Noam Chomsky! One of my favorite books is Rogue States. he's so intelligent and articulate in his ideas, his books are definately worth the time, even if some of them can be a tad dense.

right now i'm reading two different things:

The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart. it's about two girlhood best friends that had a falling out and now, years later, one must find the other to deliver a package. it's excellent thus far.

Gifted Tongues: High School Debate and Adolescent Culture by Gary Alan Fine. i was a nationally-ranked high school debater, it's interesting to see what a sociologist has to say about me and my friends after the fact :huh:

Rogue States is next on my list!!! Yeah, chomsky's books can be very dense sometimes, but well worth the read. Nice to see a fellow PF member w/ same taste in books. my friends don't understand, as i'm in my late 20s, although i think by this age they should:smile: . I'm sure Rogue States will be equally enlightening.

brittanynbaker said:
I love the what are you reading threads as well!! I am currently re-reading Thackeray's Vanity Fair. I loved the book the first time I read it and am enjoying it very much now. After that I plan on starting What Would Jackie Do? which I've heard is an excellent read!:heart:

That's a good book....so much better than the movie!!

i posted in this thread already but I just bought a new book at the airport yesterday. I got Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger and so far, it's just as good as The Devil Wears Prada