Books & Music what are you reading ?

I just finished the said autobiography "I child called "It" " now i am reading "Activism for Teenagers" and "100 Most Dangerous Household Objects" and I started "13 Little Blue Envelopes". Its's the summer so i'm allowed to read more than one book at a time, Right? !! lol :biggrin:

I love the what are you reading threads as well!! I am currently re-reading Thackeray's Vanity Fair. I loved the book the first time I read it and am enjoying it very much now. After that I plan on starting What Would Jackie Do? which I've heard is an excellent read!:heart:

Just read The First Assistant by Mimi Hare and Clare Naylor. It's the sequel to their other book The Second Assistant. Getting ready to read Beach Road by James Patterson. I'm on a "beach read" kick. But going to get Andy Stanley's book "It Came From Within" next.

Just finished Philip Roth's new novel "Everyman" --a short and very powerful novel about getting old, remorse, dying. The best Roth I've read in a long time. Also reading a book about the artist: "Vincent Desiderio." Full of reproductions of his paintings and a vey good essay in which he talks about why paint at all and how painting still has power as an art form. Read part of "The Unknwon Matisse" but couldn't get interested. Am about to start "DeKooning." Most of my reading is about art/artists or consciousnes studies/meditation with a little fiction thrown in.

"Off Keck Road" by Mona Simpson.........it won an award (not sure why) my friend grew up with the author and says a character is based on her had it 4 days read 49 pages so far and I am one who can read 300pg in a day so this better get good soon!

anotheremptysky said:
^^ Ooh, confessions is a good one. I lent it to my cousin and never got it back.

Most of my books come from the girly bargain section of Barnes & Nobles. :roflmfao: I stockpile them whenever I get gift cards and save them for summer or hurricanes when I'm bored out of my mind. I read Multiple Choice Thursday night, I forget the author but it's the same one as Must Love Dogs. I'm not sure what's next in my pile, maybe I'll start one now.

I hope its a good laugh :smile:
I havent started yet, I went to bed last night and passed out. I think I got too much fresh air yesterday.

Reading Nabokov's "Speak, Memory" and just finished Haruki Murakami's "Sputnik Sweetheart" (I love both these authors). Anyone interested in music should read the two I finished a few weeks ago: "Our Band Could be Your Life" by Azerrad, and "From Velvets to the Voidoids" by ******* Heylin (about 80s and 70s music respectively).

Greenie said:
I love the what are you reading threads! :heart: I get so many good book recommendations this way.

Just read million little pieces...great book...gave it away already...

Then I read...Couldn't Keep It to Myself: Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution (Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters)...this book was terrific!

Now I'm reading bitter is the new black! Hilarious

i loved Bitter is the New Black! i can't remember if i ever posted about it on here or not, but i thought it was quite a bit more clever than most chick lit.