What are you going to preorder from the fall collection?

^^^I'm thinking the model is gigantic and that midi is similar to the other midi's. The regular seems huge when reading the dimensions.

I love the port, but I think it is too close to my Miu Miu Peggy, so no port for me.

Dangerous, isn't it?!!:biggrin: I had to forcibly extract myself from the pearl thread in the jewellery sub-forum the other day :sweatdrop:.

I'm going to restrain myself from any new bags at the minute until I've got this necklace business sorted out, but if I was going to get a new BE bag it would be a port RM or RM Midi :yes:. (Haven't quite got to grips with the dimensions yet, but the Midi looked quite small and the regular looked just about right on the BE model, but I'm guessing she's very tall....)

Incredibly dangerous.......I've gone so far as to open a separate savings account to save up for a Jean Schlumberger band I've had my eye on for years......I've given up waiting to get it from hubby.....I mean business......Gga knows all about it!!!

Knowing me though......the money will be splurged on a trip to Disney.....I'm such a sap that way!

I so wanted a Rock Me, but the straps are pretty much the same width as the LM's and can't be significantly changed Rose has said - the LM straps do not work for me at all - they don't even pretend to stay on my shoulder! Plus I wanted the larger size in purple which, unless some colors aren't on the website yet, I'd have to special order meaning I couldn't return it if it didn't work out so as of right now, I'm not ordering. Also, I kinda discovered the Gucci outlet -yikes! I so wish I could try more BE bags on before buying - I know I'd buy more, but I simply can't keep ordering bags that can't be returned and having them sit in my closet or worse, be sold at such a loss, I'd might as well gift them.

I so wanted a Rock Me, but the straps are pretty much the same width as the LM's and can't be significantly changed Rose has said - the LM straps do not work for me at all - they don't even pretend to stay on my shoulder! Plus I wanted the larger size in purple which, unless some colors aren't on the website yet, I'd have to special order meaning I couldn't return it if it didn't work out so as of right now, I'm not ordering. Also, I kinda discovered the Gucci outlet -yikes! I so wish I could try more BE bags on before buying - I know I'd buy more, but I simply can't keep ordering bags that can't be returned and having them sit in my closet or worse, be sold at such a loss, I'd might as well gift them.

Hi Suzzeee,

I don't even try to wear my LM as a shoulder bag anymore. I gave up!
I use as a tote and unfortunately that bag doesn't get worn often. It's too bad since it really IS a pretty bag just not practical for my everyday lifestye. I"m still looking forward to wearing this fall on occasion. It's more a "sentimental" bag for me since it was my first BE and introduction to the PF.

As for not ordering anymore bags - I can relate. Yes, right now the resale value is downright scary of whats happening on Bonanzle/Ebay. And I agree you might as well gift your BE to a family/friend then try to sell it anymore. It's a shame!

Totally off topic, but I agree with you on the resale value. So far, the brands that I buy all seem to sell for more than half off but the BE are not moving at all. The thing is, I have a selection of many designers and when I put on a BE I still love it to death. So, I am buying them because I know what I like and what a beautiful bag looks like, but I will be more careful and make sure it's a keeper.

Totally off topic, but I agree with you on the resale value. So far, the brands that I buy all seem to sell for more than half off but the BE are not moving at all. The thing is, I have a selection of many designers and when I put on a BE I still love it to death. So, I am buying them because I know what I like and what a beautiful bag looks like, but I will be more careful and make sure it's a keeper.

Hi Suzi,

Oops, we did get off topic here. Sorry!

I agree with you re resale. In the past when I've sold a bag from another designer I'd receive about half too. But, with BE they won't even sell anymore and if so then it's really a "gift". LOL

Your right again. The secret I think to BE buying going forward is to be ABSOLUTELY positive the bag/accessory will be a keeper since often you can't return and now you might not be able to sell either.

Just buy what you know you'll love for the duration and then you really can't go wrong!

This is how I'm approaching buying now too. I am being careful of what I buy because I want to keep it, not resell it for a ridiculous price. Good for buyers, sucks for sellers! But I love my BEs!

Not necessarily fall collection bags but I've ordered a WTM in aubergine and a Make Me Smile Mini in matte taupe. Both will arrive in time for Christmas so the wait will be long but so worth it! :yahoo:

Resale is terrible. I am fickle at times, so I have decided that I won't be buying BE full price anymore b/c of that combined w/ resale. The TME midi works perfect for me, but I have 3 now (pebbled brown, pebbled black and matte tan- I don't need anymore!). I really like the Rock Me, but if it does not work for me, then I have eaten at least $400 w/ resale. So, I will only buy second hand or at seasonal sales from BE now b/c I just can't bring myself to take that kind of loss if something doesn't work out for me.

I want to redo my second bathroom and have already decided I want it really modern- Ikea of all places has a great big square sink w/ a super simple cabinet base for around $300. Add in flooring, new mirror, medicine cabinet, etc., that is the price of a BE bag or a bit less. When I think of things in terms of costs like that, it just seems so foolish to spend w/o knowing it will be a good fit for me. I also want hardwood in the living room and that is more than $1k to do w/ help from family. It just feels really wasteful when I weigh a new bag v. permanent things like that.

This is how I'm approaching buying now too. I am being careful of what I buy because I want to keep it, not resell it for a ridiculous price. Good for buyers, sucks for sellers! But I love my BEs!

Not necessarily fall collection bags but I've ordered a WTM in aubergine and a Make Me Smile Mini in matte taupe. Both will arrive in time for Christmas so the wait will be long but so worth it! :yahoo:

My sentiments exactly about being a buyer's market for your BE. That's exactly where I'd shop these days unless it was something that I knew I must have in a certain color and even then for the price you can grab it for might even be worth going for your second choice.

I have to say whats nice about shopping from Ebay/Bonanzle when buying your BE is often the seller is a nice PF member. For me that's certainly assuring especially if I'm familiar with. I appreciate when they reference in their auction or use their PF screen name. I feel like I know them. LOL

Also, I have to say the bags being auctioned are in fantastic condition. SO many of these BE's are practically brand new. You can't go wrong!:smile:

Okay enough rambles from me today on buying second hand BE's.

I know something I"m VERY excited about buying soon. I hear whispers there is a new BE wallet getting ready soon to make it's debut. I absolutely can't wait to see pics. I"m probably going to grab one since BE accessories are IMHO the best of the line.

Last edited:
i'm intrigued by the port (and myabe the root)! too, but i only really like it in the love me midi, and apart from the mini, those straps don't stay on my shoulder! i can't afford to buy BEs at full price anymore and sell them at such a loss. need to use my bag money towards my MA now!

I'm excited to see these new styles and leathers and am hoping we might even get another style or two this fall. I personally love the RM for handles because those stay on better than the rolled handles,which I really like but aren't quite as comfortable for me.

Re: the resale issue, I do think there are a couple of benefits here: 1) we have to think through our purchases and even enjoy the time a bit more contemplating what we want and need, and this process will help us get the bag that really fits us and 2) for those who want to try BE, this is a great time since the deals are so crazy. It is tough from a seller's perspective right now, I know, but it also helps me be more mindful of the decisions I make, which is even more important as new styles are introduced.

I ordered a port love me midi, a root love me midi and bec'd a cream cervo Rock ME with gold hardware.

I really want to see that cream cervo Rock Me. That sounds amazing!

TL - That aubergine is one of my favorite BE colors now. I think it will act as a nice neutral for fall.

Elizat - I hear ya on the home expenses. I just found out we need $3,000 for a whole new drainage system, since the other one collapsed.:Push: